• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New runaround system :)

Baildon bears

Warren Scout
Filey2012226.jpg

Filey2012228.jpg

Filey2012231.jpg

Its been lovely watching them today and letting them have the idependent choose of if they want to be the hutch or run :D, Molly took to it straight away and Sootie did it in his own time lol. I did have some disturbing dreams last night that I had gone to check on them and the pipe had come off:shock:, went to check them at 5am this morning lol.

looking good :D
I am very envious. I want to get my system ordered all the more now. just waiting for a sample of tunnel to make sure the hares will fit through:D

They must love it.

Is the run base meshed as they may did out if not. Also, it may be worth considering putting a second mesh panel around the Run as a Fox could easily get at a Bunny through the single mesh.

Last edited:
it looks great bet they love it :love: do tehy have access to run at night? if soo i would maybe do what jane has suggested as i too would be worried about the risk of foxes

They must love it.

Is the run base meshed as they may did out if not. Also, it may be worth considering putting a second mesh panel around the Run as a Fox could easily get at a Bunny through the single mesh.

I am going to put the door lock on tonight to stop them going out of the hutch, had a sleepless night last night worrying about them.

I am going to put the door lock on tonight to stop them going out of the hutch, had a sleepless night last night worrying about them.

Good idea :)

Do remember though, Foxes are about during the day too. So if a run is not secure enough for nightime use it is not secure enough for unsupervised daytime use either.

Not wishing to rain on your parade and it is lovely that your Rabbits now have the run-a-round. But I would hate you to loose them to a Fox. I have lost a Rabbit that way and it is utterly horrific :cry:

That looks great! Is the black tubing the same material as the green ones shown in the photo? I only ask because bought a load of green ones so the bunnies could run behind the sofa avoiding wires but Tokyo thought it'd much more fun to chew his way out :roll: If the black ones are different/more robust they'd be perfect to give them another hidey hole :wave:

That looks great! Is the black tubing the same material as the green ones shown in the photo? I only ask because bought a load of green ones so the bunnies could run behind the sofa avoiding wires but Tokyo thought it'd much more fun to chew his way out :roll: If the black ones are different/more robust they'd be perfect to give them another hidey hole :wave:

No its much stronger, it's actually the drainage pipe stuff builders use, I have loads of it now, I have been given some by a friend whos a builder, if you live anywhere near west yorkshire you are welcome to some, my hubby nearly died when he came home and saw all of it lol :shock:

Back