• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

todays attempt at getting them to eat hay....keep your fingers crossed for me

cuteboyz

Warren Scout
It's probably nothing that you all havent done before :) I sealed a box, cut a hole in the side and in one end and then filled it full of a variety of different hays, plus a little dried grass and dried dandelion and green oats to hopefully get them going.
IMGP4341.jpg

hmmmm this is interesting
IMGP4345.jpg

ones in, the other is still thinking about it
IMGP4359.jpg

and a few other hay stuffed bits I did previously and they have ignored, but they are showing a little interest in them today so I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed
IMGP4361a.jpg

Aww they're so fuzzy! :love: hope it works :D mine tend to prefer eating hay out of things like that and their hay racks :)

Scarlet has a hanging ball thing you shove hay in and that really helped get her interested in it

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?329209-Scarlet-says.....&highlight=hay+mammy

yes the boys have one of those too but they have never looked at it :(
I have also given them my cockatoo's big stainless steel hanging treat cage and filled that with hay, they dont like that either :(
And they dont like the hayrack either :(
And they dont like it just laying on the floor either, they are obstinate little ******* lol

any news on the buns are they nibbling yet ? or are they still being stubborn? x:)

they enjoyed digging in the box, and dragging all the hay out and making a really lovely mess :) I'm not sure if they actually ate any of it overnight or not though. I refilled it this morning, they have used it as a tunnel today but thats about it:( All the other hay filled toys and hanging things are still untouched :(

they enjoyed digging in the box, and dragging all the hay out and making a really lovely mess :) I'm not sure if they actually ate any of it overnight or not though. I refilled it this morning, they have used it as a tunnel today but thats about it:( All the other hay filled toys and hanging things are still untouched :(

little monkeys lol please keep us posted as would be interesting to know if they will give in eventually :):)

Did you try offering hay with your own hands? I remember Maia had to be hand-fed when she was recovering from her spay. She didn't want to eat, but when I gave her some from my fingers she became interested and ate.

Back