• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smokey has got wise

its funny though because after running off he comes to me because he knows he will get a nose rub and when he is having him bum washed he doesnt care at all doesnt even kick :love:

Boris used to run away & hide from me whenever he saw me in my pajamas as he knew I was going to bed which meant I'd soon be shutting him in his enclosure :lol:

This was when he free ranged in the living room in the afternoon + evening. He always hid underneath the sofa where he knew I couldn't reach, and it usually took a good 30 minutes to get him out!

Aww bless Smokey :love:

They do tend to know what's going on though, I'm always surprised by how aware mine are.

Mummy in PJs = likely to be cuddled and stroked = RUN AWAY! :lol:

Yeah, they are definitely very aware of what's going on, although it might not always seem that way :lol: They pick up on things soooo easily. If I so much as reach for the bag of pellets, my two come running as they know they're being fed (little pigs :lol:) They don't need to hear me say anything or even hear the bag rustle, they recognise the movement and associate it with food. I find it fascinating! They're definitely A LOT more intelligent than one might think.

Yeah, they are definitely very aware of what's going on, although it might not always seem that way :lol: They pick up on things soooo easily. If I so much as reach for the bag of pellets, my two come running as they know they're being fed (little pigs :lol:) They don't need to hear me say anything or even hear the bag rustle, they recognise the movement and associate it with food. I find it fascinating! They're definitely A LOT more intelligent than one might think.

So true, mine know when I go outside, they come right to the front of the hutch and stick their little noses through the wire mesh, with their front paws up holding onto the mesh as well. Anyone would think they were never fed :lol:

Mine attempt this but have gone to far, so come running over and think they're being fed if I so much as stand up

yesterday I was putting away shopping in the kitchen and my guinea pigs were in the run just outside the kitchen window. They were wheeking like mad. I thought there must be something wrong and I went to the window to talk to them and they just continued wheeking very loudly while I looked at them puzzled :oops::lol::lol:. Eventually the penny dropped (I had been rustling bags and therefore it MUST be veggie time)

Some people dont think they are intelligent but RU knows best :thumb:

People are always so surprised when I tell them how clever bunnies are.

Whenever Chowder sees me putting my shoes on she runs round and round my feet and stamps her feet, and occasionally gives my ankles a nip. I reckon she knows I'm about to leave the house. Now I can't bear to leave her when she's around so I usually feed her a piece of parsnip to distract her.

Back