• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay for Pets - No Issue with Hay

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Hi Guys,

I emailed Graham & Ann as there were a few concerns spreading round with regards to hay for this/next year.

This was the reply i got.

Hi Graham,
Sorry we didn't get back to you sooner regarding the hay situation ! Its looking like we are going to be fine and hay seems to be better quality than we expected this year. We haven't had any ings hay yet but it has been harvested and put in the barns for winter and our suppliers are telling us its good.
Kind Regards
Graham & Ann

For those of you who dont know who im talking about, www.hayforpets.co.uk :)

Mine are still refusing the lovely looking and smelling meadow hay:roll: :lol: so I ordered some Timothy and rye hay in the vain hope they eat it! Going out later to get Wilkos hay as they seem to like munching that when I give it to them!

:D

Can anyone tell me which size bag I would need for 2 bunnies who love hay. Mine have always been good hay eaters but the farm shop I usually get hay from has had really bad quality stuff recently and I want to start getting it from elsewhere.

Also how big are the bags....weights dont mean anything to me! Could someone compare the bag sizes to something so I can get an idea of how big they are?

Phew - that's a relief, especially as we've been promoting Hay for Pets Hay on our Rabbit Care Stand ;)

Fantastic :) I am new to their hay but will be ordering from them from now on as my boy is eating much more hay since we had our hay for pets delivery. Going to buy ings as well when they have it instock.

Can anyone tell me which size bag I would need for 2 bunnies who love hay. Mine have always been good hay eaters but the farm shop I usually get hay from has had really bad quality stuff recently and I want to start getting it from elsewhere.

Also how big are the bags....weights dont mean anything to me! Could someone compare the bag sizes to something so I can get an idea of how big they are?

Depends how often you change trays, how long you want it to last etc.

The biggest bag of Timothy & Rye is ~2.5ft x 2ft x 1.5ft give or take a few inches. I get through one of those in ~2.5-3 weeks but mine are on a pretty much hay only diet apart from forage.

Regarding the 'Hay for Pets' 'Ings' hay I emailed them as my stock is running extremely low! This is their reply:

Many thanks for your enquiry. We think Ings hay is going to be a rather later than we expected due to the very poor weather so probably will end up being end of September/October before its ready to use. We do however have some good meadow hay in that should keep us going and some excellent Timothy and Rye grass hay.
Kind Regards
Graham & Ann

Now I'm panicking! It's Dylan's favourite hay & my stock is going to run out very soon! :?

Can anyone recommend a hay that is very similar to the 'Ings' hay that I can give him until their stock is in?

Regarding the 'Hay for Pets' 'Ings' hay I emailed them as my stock is running extremely low! This is their reply:

Many thanks for your enquiry. We think Ings hay is going to be a rather later than we expected due to the very poor weather so probably will end up being end of September/October before its ready to use. We do however have some good meadow hay in that should keep us going and some excellent Timothy and Rye grass hay.
Kind Regards
Graham & Ann

Now I'm panicking! It's Dylan's favourite hay & my stock is going to run out very soon! :?

Can anyone recommend a hay that is very similar to the 'Ings' hay that I can give him until their stock is in?

Timothy & Rye ;)

I ran out of Ings a week ago, I was horrified that I couldn't get any more!! :(:shock:
Mine are currently on dust free hay, the soft stuff. They don't like the other types that H4P sell, but this stuff is really nice :D

Kind Regards
Graham & Ann

I find the long flat green strands in the Ings hay to often be similar to Oxbow's Orchard Grass. The rest of it is similar to meadow hay.

I'd definately try the Timothy and Rye, it is always fantastic quality and lots of variety in it, my buns really like it, more so than the Ings.

I give up :evil: I buy the buns the meadow hay and they hardly eat any of it, the last of their ings hay is running low so I order Timothy hay .. And they suddenly can't get enough of the meadow hay!! :evil: had to top up hay racks and hay ball twice already today :roll:

:lol:

I give up :evil: I buy the buns the meadow hay and they hardly eat any of it, the last of their ings hay is running low so I order Timothy hay .. And they suddenly can't get enough of the meadow hay!! :evil: had to top up hay racks and hay ball twice already today :roll:

:lol:

I'm going through this sort of thing too. Mine decided they didn't like meadow so I bought Timmy which went down well initially. Then they started chewing on it as if it were the most boring hay ever, gone back to meadow and they refused it for the best part of half a day. Woke up this morning - all gone :roll: Packed it full before work and I bet it's nearly all gone by 5 pm :roll: :lol:

I'm going through this sort of thing too. Mine decided they didn't like meadow so I bought Timmy which went down well initially. Then they started chewing on it as if it were the most boring hay ever, gone back to meadow and they refused it for the best part of half a day. Woke up this morning - all gone :roll: Packed it full before work and I bet it's nearly all gone by 5 pm :roll: :lol:

I think they do it on purpose! :lol: wasn't enough I spent £16, they wanted another £12:evil: :lol:

My two have also decided they like the Ings Hay best out of the 3 just as I run out of it :roll: However their most favourite hay is West Wales Willow timothy rich hay... very aptly named as you have to be rich to afford it, or permanently skint in my case :lol: This is all Prettylupins fault as she suggested they would love it!! It doesn't look anything special at all, but they seem to love it!

Thanks Graham and Laura for your replies.

I am going to try a large bag of the Timothy and Rye as the Ings hay is out of stock (from what I've read that is a favourite for a lot of buns)
My 2 will pretty much eat any hay so I'm 99% sure they will eat it.
Cant wait for them to try it now.

The hay looks (from Laura's pics) to be such good quality....lately the stuff from local farm shop has been brown :(

Back