• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving A Rabbit Outside?

Chesterx123

Young Bun
I posted earlier in the week about having to move house which means either my bonded two had to be moved outside or my giant conti. I have now decided it will be easier to manage having the bonded two outside.
I have found a double 6ft hutch for the garden which i can use alongside their current run. This is until i can find someone in the area who can build me a 7/8ft double.

Any advice on how i can move them both outside as stress free as possible for them. Obviously the time of year is really bad because we will have winter here in no time! I have only ever had house rabbits and these two have always been indoor so i'm really worried and feeling guilty about having to move them.

Any advice hugely appreciated :)

Actually, about now is probably about the right time i would say. If you get them out *now* they can start to acclimatise and begin any moult/fur growing they need before winter i would think. We are actually due an indian summer, so could be good for them to do it now :)

Yeah i was hoping to do the move in the next week or two. They are used to being outside in a run on warm days. They have just never been in a hutch. Would you recommend just putting them in there to get used to it a few hours at a time and bringing them back indoors too or just leave them out there to acclimatise themselves?
They are both rescue rabbits and one of which is extremely nervous and doesn't like to be touched so i'm hoping the move outside to somewhere a lot quieter might be better for her in the long run. (or i might just be wishful thinking)

Yeah i was hoping to do the move in the next week or two. They are used to being outside in a run on warm days. They have just never been in a hutch. Would you recommend just putting them in there to get used to it a few hours at a time and bringing them back indoors too or just leave them out there to acclimatise themselves?
They are both rescue rabbits and one of which is extremely nervous and doesn't like to be touched so i'm hoping the move outside to somewhere a lot quieter might be better for her in the long run. (or i might just be wishful thinking)

I wouldnt go for the 'in and out' scenario, rabbits don't do well with changing heats, although in this current temperature, shouldnt affect them much if at all.

I'd personally just 'go for it' and monitor them once they are in :)

Thank you.
Really wish i didn't have to move them but they won't be treated any differently they will still be spoilt!
Will update on here with pics when they are in :)

Back