• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad New Arrival UPDATE PT 26 2oth/08

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
This lovely lady arrived today..say a gentle hello to Brandy :love:

Brandy.jpg

a lady who spoke to me a few weeks back rescued this girl after seeing her dumped :cry:
the lady lives on a farm and saw a car drive past and stop a little way down the lane, then saw people throwing something out of car. She went to her house to lock door and shut dogs in and then went down the lane..the car had rushed past her and away. In the rush to get away they had run over one of the rabbits they had dumped, a white lionhead was dead in the road :cry:
The lady caught this girl and two males, one black rabbit ran off into the fields. Brandy gave birth 2 days later. The lady has found a home with a friend of hers for the 2 males but asked us for help with Brandy and her 3 babies .
so Brandy is with us now and her 2 young boys and a girl will come here in 3 weeks time.
After all this lovely bun has been through we hope she finds a special home as soon as she is ready

Last edited:
Poor poor girl :(

She is very beautiful. Can I ask why her babies are not with her yet?

The babies have been with her until old enough to leave her. We have taken her as an emergencey as are full but she needs checking by a vet . As we are full the lady has agreed to keep the babies for about 3 weeks until we have room. I have sexed them for her so the little girl has been split from her brothers to prevent any more babies The two boys will stay together, unless they fight, until they come to us and the girl is now living next to them with wire in between.
the lady who rescued them from the lane rang me the day she found them..but we have not had room. Gave her advice on rehoming..such as homecheck etc. but wants us to take these

ok ? :lol:

The babies have been with her until old enough to leave her. We have taken her as an emergencey as are full but she needs checking by a vet . As we are full the lady has agreed to keep the babies for about 3 weeks until we have room. I have sexed them for her so the little girl has been split from her brothers to prevent any more babies The two boys will stay together, unless they fight, until they come to us and the girl is now living next to them with wire in between.
the lady who rescued them from the lane rang me the day she found them..but we have not had room. Gave her advice on rehoming..such as homecheck etc. but wants us to take these

Your original post did sound a bit like she had just given birth and the babies were not old enough to leave, think thats where the confusion came from, because i thought the same as Fifi :oops::lol: unless thats just me and Fifi was just curious :oops:

Slinks out of the thread :oops::lol:

Ahh ok, I thought the babies were still wee babies not quite old enough to leave but that makes much more sense :D

ah..it' so easy to know what i'm talking about when you're me! :lol:

Brandy is now settled in a clean cage and will be seeing our vets tomorrow

Some people just don't deserve to be alive.

At least some are now safe...But that poor bunny...that poor poor little bunny that didn't do any harm to anyone and was taken from the world.

Binky free white lionhead. :cry:

I hope the rest of these bunnies find happier endings, well done to all those involved in helping them. xxx

So terribly sad :cry: Binky free little Lionhead bun xxx Some people are just cruel :evil::evil::evil:

I'm glad the rest are safe. Brandy is beautiful :love:

well Brandy had her check today..and all fine:D

lovely teeth and her tum feels as it should..I was worried as still looked swollen but vet said all normal

so she can be speyed next week :D

Oh my God what a sad story the poor Lionhead bunny :cry: and poor poor Brandy
but at least she is safe now with you.

Glad everything was fine at the vet's :D

The very lovely and kind Julie ( JJS) had sent £50 to pay for Brandy's spey
thank you so much Julie your continued support of us is so appreciated xx

The very lovely and kind Julie ( JJS) had sent £50 to pay for Brandy's spey
thank you so much Julie your continued support of us is so appreciated xx

:oops::oops: Very welcome Jill - Sometimes a brandy helps..... but today it was helps for Brandy !!!

Back