• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedding question

:wave:
If the base of the cage is plastic, what is the best thing to put between the base and the hay/straw to stop the buns from slipping around? Ideas?

:love:

A lot of people use Carefresh but I would use newspaper. Also, if they are litter trained, you can use fleece.

How do you litter train them?

Not sure if you want to know how to litter train your bunny or if you're asking how I personally litter trained mine?

I noted the place they normally used as a toilet (one of the corners), put a litter tray there with some kitty litter in it, kept it clean (but not too clean because they need to understand what they should use it for), sprayed vinegar in the places that they wee'd (not the litter tray) and moved them to the litter tray when they wee'd somewhere they shouldn't.

If you want to litter train your bunny you should look at other posts like this: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?348709-litter-training&highlight=litter+training

:)

How do you litter train them?

Figure out where they toilet more, put a decent sized litter tray (or storage box 32L) there, line it with newspaper (or wood based cat litter, not the clumping stuff, that can make buns poorly in they eat it) and fill it with hay which will help encourage them as they usually poo/pee while eating :)

Ah great thanks very much :) yes i was meaning how do you litter train them in general as sounds like a good idea! I will try it :thumb:

Back