• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is your hutch and run seperate?

Is your hutch and run together or seperate?

• Run attached to the hutch

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • Apart, put my bunnies into their run every day

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clarebear

Mama Doe
We are trying to divide our hutch and run, so Bramble and Bungee can go next to each other again, but not actually in together yet. I think the easiest way is going to be to have their hutch and runs seperate. Not ideal, but I think it's the only way it will work. They are used to have the hutch and run joined, so they can use both. What is your set up like?

Mine is attached to the front :) then they have another run attached to the main run for use 7am to 10/11pm :)

Could you get a second hand wooden run and get a runaround tube from the top part of the hutch to that run? Or something like that :oops: :)

The problem is our hutch and run are so big they already take up the whole of the patio!! I was thinking maybe we could make two seperate runs out of the one big one?

Here is our current set up

001ubth.jpg

Seems such a shame to pull it all to bits after all Simon's hard work :(

Oh I remember that one being built! I love it :love: You mean split the hutch up and and partition the run and just put them in the run? :) The hutch is huge so if my bunnies were in the same situation I would do that :)

How big is the hutch and how big is the run?

Divided up I can't see it giving them enough space to be honest.

Why can't they go back together again now?

The hutch is 6ft....the run 6x6.

Ideally I don't want to change it too much with the hope that we will rebond them at some point. The reason they are not in together at the moment is because Bramble has been unwell, and so we brought him indoors, so sadly their bond is broken :( He is still not 100%, so as we don't want to stress him we thought this was the next best thing!

The hutch is 6ft....the run 6x6.

Ideally I don't want to change it too much with the hope that we will rebond them at some point. The reason they are not in together at the moment is because Bramble has been unwell, and so we brought him indoors, so sadly their bond is broken :( He is still not 100%, so as we don't want to stress him we thought this was the next best thing!

Trouble is, even if they are only seperate for a short while they will only have a 3ft hutch each and a 3x3 run which is nowhere near big enough even temporarily.

Trouble is, even if they are only seperate for a short while they will only have a 3ft hutch each and a 3x3 run which is nowhere near big enough even temporarily.

We've been told at the vets to keep Bramble indoors for the time being, then hopefully we can rebond him with Bungee when he goes outside again. We have decided to leave the hutch as it is for now....can't bear to ruin it! :wave:

Back