• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many of you know your rabbits breed?

supersonic

Mama Doe
I am curious as to how many of you are certain of your bunnies breed! I remember when I got Sonic they weren't too sure what he was but they guessed he was a cross between a lionhead and some sort of lop. To me, this seems like the pet shop I got him from allowed cross breeding to try to avoid inbreeding problems, as I know this can be a problem.

Anyway, let me know! :)

I think I know all mine :oops: I have nethies, mini lops, a dwarf lop, a cashmere lop, a lionlop, a wildie and a helicopter lop :lol::lol:

Two of mine are from that horrible place ...Simons rodents so I know now I have probs . Munchy is from another place but suffering because of the others. I really wish I could name and shame so people would know.

i have four mini-lops. they are two pairs of litter-mates. each pair came from a separate breeder - don't miss that, i said b r e e d e r . matthew and tabitha are show-rejects, they're on the large side for mini lops but their background is rock solid. charles and cecile are smaller, they were bred by a hobby breeder who looked after her rabbits very well and found it so upsetting to part with them that she stopped breeding.

that was what you wanted to know, wasn't it? no, mine weren't rescues. :lol:

Last edited:
Most rabbits are mongrels, all sorts of breeds in there even if they dont show. Bad really, as crossing breeds, like pet shops or backyard breeders often do, can cause big problems.

One of mine is a lionhead by all appearences, but no way to be sure of course, theres likely others in her lineage as she isnt ringed by the BRC. The other is some kind of mix.

Last edited:
Mine are all cross breeds. I am pretty sure that my Pop has some sort of bigger sized lop in her line somewhere. Sam and Patchies are littermates so they are the same, but not sure of the breeds. And Milly has lionhead in her line cause she has her fluffy mane.

Dexter is 100% dutch bunny. He has pretty perfect markings and is the ideal weight too. Pumpkin is a Harlequin but definetely on the small side for her breed. Brams is a French Lop, not crossed as apparently he came from a Breeder.

None of my buns are rescues... Two came from P@H before I knew about RU. Brams was dumped on us after living in a 2 storey, 4ft hutch for 18months which he couldn't move in.

I'm not too fussed on breeds overall, although I will always have a soft spot for loppy eared buns :love:

Boris is a cross breed, not sure what exactly he has in him but his dad was a Lionhead mix. He's tiny so I think there must be some Nethie in there as well. Apart from that I have no clue, his mum was a cross too and I have no idea what of, all I know is that she was a medium sized bun with uppy ears, white fur with black spots.

Bella was originally from a pet shop and supposedly a purebreed dwarf lop which is probably true, one of her ears is uppy though which is a bit confusing :lol: But the shape of her face, body shape etc. seems to be that of a dwarf lop so yeah :)

Donny - Dwarf lop x lionhead (Although the only lionhead bit in him is currently fluffing off his bottom :lol:)
Lola - Dwarf lop
Poppy - A complete mystery!
Leo - German lop (we think, it would probably be easier to say Jenova's Grimlock's twin :lol::love:)

Maia is a so-called "farbenschwerg" (sp?) or German colored dwarf. I have no real idea whether this breed is something else from Nethies but she looks more like a Dutch x Nethie and she's got a temper.
Mango is a mini lop x holland lop cross (the two are separate breeds in Germany).

Twinkle is a REW. Ozzie, well, sort of a dutch with lop ears and blue eyes
28102012013.jpg

tatsxmasspabunnies020-1.jpg

I have two blue beverens and two blue eyed white beverens. I got my Bluebell first because her owner was having problems with a fox coming into the garden so she decided to rehome her and bring her other 2 rabbits inside but didnt have space for 3 inside.

I got one of my whites from a rescue and the other two from an awful breeder who had so many guinea pigs and buns in a shed in tiny hutches.(I didnt know he was a breeder till I got there) There was no runs or anything so these bunnies must have been in these tiny hutched forever. I did comment on the space and said that they seemed a bit crammed but he wasnt bothered. I contemplated not getting them but just wanted to get two of them out of there. I still think about all those poor rabbits and g pigs now :(

3 of mine are rescues, 1 is a pure netherland, 1 is a lionhead x lop and the other is a lop x. My 'ebay' bunny I can't even guess, I call her a 'bitsa' bun :D

Haha, Mylo could be a lovechild of Georgeypudding's two! I wish I knew what Sonic was for sure :p
:lol::lol: I had another nethie aswell, she was definatly a netherland dwarf :thumb:

Twinkle is a REW. Ozzie, well, sort of a dutch with lop ears and blue eyes
28102012013.jpg

tatsxmasspabunnies020-1.jpg

I think Ozzie is a Vienna Marked Rabbit :wave: causes dutch markings and blue eyes :) doesnt really mean anything in terms of breed though :lol:

Back