• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

80 buns needing help -Probably a Hoax

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
Hi guys - someone has posted on my Facebook page that there are 80 buns to be pts in Holmfirth, west yorks. Owners have let breeding get out if control. A rescue is aleady involved - will get details tomorrow.

Please post on this thread if you can help

Have editted title - seems to be exact same post on a forum re a situation in Southampton:roll: Guess someone's bored:roll:

Last edited:
I know- I came on here thinking it was a rescue that was already going on, but couldn't find owt :( how can you get to 80 buns and not think "oh dear" before then.

Woman not got back to me yet

80 Rabbits at Risk of PTS Southampton

I've seen a post this morning about 80 at risk of being put to sleep in Southampton too - the details (there were no real details) were on a rescuers forum. Could this be a wind-up? Or two different rescues? Or just crossed wires? Or is it really two different situations. (I have e-mailed asking for more details for the one that is supposed to be in Southampton) http://www.animallifelineuk.org/forum/showthread.php?31342-80-rabbits-at-risk-of-being-Put-to-sleep-Southampton&p=183456#post183456

Does anybody have any further details as it makes things very different if it's Yorkshire again and not Southampton as in the post I saw they were asking for hutches etc and/or rescue spaces.

Last edited:
I've seen a post this morning about 80 at risk of being put to sleep in Southampton too - the details (there were no real details) were on a rescuers forum. Could this be a wind-up? Or two different rescues? Or just crossed wires? Or is it really two different situations. (I have e-mailed asking for more details for the one that is supposed to be in Southampton) http://www.animallifelineuk.org/forum/showthread.php?31342-80-rabbits-at-risk-of-being-Put-to-sleep-Southampton&p=183456#post183456

Does anybody have any further details as it makes things very different if it's Yorkshire again and not Southampton as in the post I saw they were asking for hutches etc and/or rescue spaces.

The Yorkshire one is being co ordinated by someone who volunteers for a Dog rescue - she's a friend of a dog groomer I know - I've messaged her so will post more if I find owt out

Just read your link - wording is very similar - "80 Rabbits are being PTS , no fault of their own the owners haven`t neutered any so they keep having litters, its a big ask " is identical

Probably be a hoax. People are saddos

Last edited:
The Yorkshire one is being co ordinated by someone who volunteers for a Dog rescue - she's a friend of a dog groomer I know - I've messaged her so will post more if I find owt out

Just read your link - wording is very similar - "80 Rabbits are being PTS , no fault of their own the owners haven`t neutered any so they keep having litters, its a big ask " is identical

Probably be a hoax. People are saddos

Hhhhmmmmmm

Well it is a wicked thing to do if it is, but it would also be a relief if it is - last thing we need is one or two more massive rescues this week!

Hhhhmmmmmm

Well it is a wicked thing to do if it is, but it would also be a relief if it is - last thing we need is one or two more massive rescues this week!

I agree - plus I really didn't want to be involved at all. :oops::lol: Just think people are sad for messing around Rescues etc who have better things to do:thumb:

Hmm... Perhaps the Southampton one just has the wrong location? :?

That's what I wondered. The Wakefield rescue was being co-ordinated by a rescue in ?Surrey
?Sussex so it could still be genuine but just somebody spreading the word misunderstood some details of it. Tameside is probably the nearest rescue and they're already bursting at the seams with a recent big rescue :cry::cry: Sue's Rabbit Rescue is fairly close but still has ?9 babies from the Leeds rescue .... and so it goes :cry::cry:

That's what I wondered. The Wakefield rescue was being co-ordinated by a rescue in ?Surrey
?Sussex so it could still be genuine but just somebody spreading the word misunderstood some details of it. Tameside is probably the nearest rescue and they're already bursting at the seams with a recent big rescue :cry::cry: Sue's Rabbit Rescue is fairly close but still has ?9 babies from the Leeds rescue .... and so it goes :cry::cry:

Is Sue's still open? I was looking for their website a couple of weeks ago and only found newspaper articles that said they'd closed?

Is Sue's still open? I was looking for their website a couple of weeks ago and only found newspaper articles that said they'd closed?

:shock::shock: I didn't know. Mick did say that they were thinking of winding down/giving up. They pretty much have a sanctuary with the ones they kept (not easily re-homeable) and were going to focus on them.

*goes off to look*

Edit to add: Found it. :(

Last edited:
Just looked at the original thread about the Southampton one to see that is says nothing more than "it's all sorted". Hope it is, but seems strange to me as to be able to assist with so many in a very short space of time seems quite unusual.

Back