• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet event at Asda

Gothymama

Warren Scout
This is just a quickie post for members, ASDA are currently having a pet event and they have willow stick bundles for £1 at the moment as well as small willow balls for £1 the willow sticks are a decent length too, so might be a time to stock up on the bargains.

This is just a quickie post for members, ASDA are currently having a pet event and they have willow stick bundles for £1 at the moment as well as small willow balls for £1 the willow sticks are a decent length too, so might be a time to stock up on the bargains.

Thank you for this! Going to have to pop in as my bunnies LOVE willow sticks!!!

Huh?! Willow things in asda? I didn't look properly :( I hope they have them in mine! I shall have to get my mother to accompany me as driving to asda still scares the hell out of me :lol:

Do you know when it ends?

Thank you for this! Going to have to pop in as my bunnies LOVE willow sticks!!!

Hi :wave: will you be going to Asda monks cross as your in York? Just asking to see if you could post on here whether they have any in and if it says when it ends as I'm bed bound at the moment but can ask someone to pop in for me if they have them :)

Huh?! Willow things in asda? I didn't look properly :( I hope they have them in mine! I shall have to get my mother to accompany me as driving to asda still scares the hell out of me :lol:

Do you know when it ends?

I'm sorry i never thought to look when the pet event ends :(

Oh yeah I noticed these the other day when I was shopping with mum. Popped some sticks in the basket :thumb: you get quite a few tied together in a bundle

Just got back from Asda I got a willow ball (as other have said for £1 which I thought was a good price) and they also had Harringtons (aka Wagg Optimum) on for £2 (usual price £3) - both the bunny and guinea pig versions...

I tried to have a look to see when it ended but it wasn't obvoius, perhaps with the toy things that they don't normally stock it will be a case of "while stocks last"?

(they also had a dodgy roll back offer which I took photos of and am thinking of email them if I have the time - but that's another story, just remember to look carefully at them as they are not always as good as they seem)

Hannah :)

Has anyone tried that harringtons ?? whats it like, is it good for them ?

I used have used it since it changed to that from Wagg Optimum, I use 50:50, this with Science Selective, both my bunnies seem quite happy and healthy on it. Infomation from both websites below:

Harringtons:
Composition:
Wheatfeed, Oatfeed, Lucerne, Sunflower Ext., Maize, Grass, Apple (4%), Grape (4%), Carob Meal, Vegetable Oil, Linseed, Minerals, Yeast (0.1%).
Nutrients:
Vitamin A 23,500 iu, Vitamin D3 3,000 iu, Vitamin E (alpha tocopherol acetate) 95 iu, Iron Sulphate Monohydrate 33 mg, Calcium Iodate Anhydrous 2.5 mg, Cupric Sulphate Pentahydrate 25 mg, Manganous Oxide
48 mg, Zinc Oxide 34 mg, Zinc Chelate 167 mg. Antioxidant.
Nutritional:
Protein 13.5%, Fat Content 4.5%, Crude Fibre 17%, Crude Ash 7%, Calcium 0.7%, Phosphorous 0.5%.

Science Selective:
COMPOSITION
Alfalfa meal, soybean hulls, wheat, wheatfeed, flaked peas, linseed, beet pulp, soybeanmeal, soya oil, monocalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate.
ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS
Vitamin A 15000 IU, Vitamin D3 1500 IU
Crude protein 14.0%, Crude fibre 25.0%, Crude oils and fats 4.0%, Crude ash 8.0%, Calcium 0.6%, Sodium 0.3%, Phosphorus 0.4%.

Analytically Science Selective is higher in fibre, otherwise they are quite similar from this point of view.

There might be some other forums on the subject somehwhere?

Hannah :)

Louie has Harrington's, formely Wagg, he seems to like it!

Pellets form such a small part of his diet that the lowish fibre level makes no difference.

I went into Asda yesterday and couldln't find anything different in the pet bit:( I went in there rather than Tesco especially to get some nommy willow sticks for the buns so was very disappointed.

Back