• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what I found in his ear today :(

cuteboyz

Warren Scout
looks like teeth marks but i have never seen them fighting, or chasing, or circling etc
mallowsear.jpg

Oh dear :shock::( poor bun!

Could she be overgrooming him maybe? My Bella used to nibble Boris a little because she got a bit carried away when grooming, but he told her off once and she never did it again since.

These two are castrated brothers so have always been together, I'm not sure what happened.
I only noticed them today when combing them both.
No infections Kermit, the bites all look clean and dry and healing nicely, by the look of them I think it must have happened a couple of days ago.
Oompa loompa they do groom each other alot so its possible I suppose but I honestly dont know.

Keep a very close eye on them if I were you for a while. It might not be bites but just incase it's best to make sure their bond isn't breaking.

Could they be sores from scratching? Could be ear mites but then I'd expect the ear to be red and sore looking or rather dirty.

Hope they are both ok. x

looks like bite wounds to me - we have had a big break up here due I think to the heat - a group of 7 who have been together 18 months disintegrated into 3x2 an a single - with some bad fighting. No warning - after 18 months!!!!

Back