• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Welsh dresser loveliness!

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
I've always wanted a Welsh dresser and I've just bought one for the new house! Eeeep!!

IMG_0688.jpg

(sorry the picture is so big!)
It's painted in Annie Sloan "Old Ochre"

Just need a farmhouse table in chairs and I'll spend ALL my time in the dining room!! :D

Very nice!

I am very attached to an old cupboard that was in our kitchen when we moved in. It is dresser style but the top has doors, we left them off to create a dresser.

We are currently redoing the kitchen, I won't say updating as we are having quite old fashioned cupboards built for us but I have insisted, much to many's surprise, that the old cupboard stays!

Ooooh...I'd love a belfast sink.....and an aga..!

Perhaps when/if we ever do the kitchen up we'll get a belfast sink, but I'm afraid I'll never have an aga. They're so expensive to run and I have no idea how to use them properly. Nope...I think I'd get a range instead.

I love real wood and good quality solid furniture

Agreed!

I have a gorgeous solid oak 1930's draw leaf dining room table and chairs. I found it in a little antique place for £40 and each chair £10! :shock: It might need a good sand and a varnish but I love it. Problem is our dining room isn't really big enough for it, so are having to downsize when I have the money. The man that did up the dresser has said that he'll buy it off us to do up and sell on, so we can do a part exchange for the new table.

I love furniture with a history. I wish I had more of it!

Back