• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yellow staining on Rex fur

summerleaze

Warren Scout
I have just taken in a white rex rabbit that had been living with guinea pigs.

He has several severe bite wounds on his back which are currently receiving treatment but I would like to sort out his coat too when he's settled a little more.

He did have heavy urine staining around his rear, this is getting better but most of his upper body is yellow too. I'm not convinced these are urine stains.

He had very little shelter and I know that sometimes white animals can go yellow when exposed continually to daylight so may be it is this that has caused it.

I have washed him as much as I am able to with his bite wounds and do brush him a little each day but it feels rough to touch and it is still very yellow.

Has anyone had any experience of this?

Any suggestions most welcome.:D

my little lop had yellow undersides to her feet when she came. its gradually disappearing over time on clean shavings/grass etc

I have a white bunny who's free range outdoors and her furs constantly stained... just because she loves digging in the mud and rolling around in the grass! I wouldn't worry too much about it, it will come out when he moults :wave:

Back