• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uppy eared bun loppy after Iv drip?

hellsdarkrose

Warren Veteran
Waffle had an Iv drip in her ear last weekend and since then that ear has lopped but has shown no sign of returning to normal. I am sure it went back to normal last time she had one but wanted opinions on 1. How long it might take to return to normal and 2 should I be concerned if it doesn't return to normal.

It seems to be bothering her that it's not in it's normal position.

It may have caused some bruising and/or vasculitis. I'd give the Vet a call and they may suggest giving her some Metacam for a few days. They may even want to examine her again to make sure there is no infection going on.

Arnica Gel may be soothing to put on it too.

I think when Josie's ear lopped after an IV it took a couple of weeks to return to uppy. I think the vet said to check for temperature or colour changes in the ear, otherwise it would be fine and go back up in time. Hope Waffle is OK xx

Back