• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch Covers-custom made or make your own?

lilgems91

Mama Doe
Has anyone tried making their own weatherproof cover for rabbit hutches? Sonething which will keep them dry and warm over the winter months? I have no idea where to start with materials etc :oops:

Or can anyone recommend somewhere that will make them for you that are not too pricey?

Thank you :wave:

I got these off eBay

16bb5bfa.jpg

Much cheaper and hopefully stronger than the covers u can buy, which I found ripped really easily in the wind. I will take a photo of how i attach it on the hutch as its not on at mo. Still trying to come up with a good solution to keep it on but roll it up and secure it but I will do :lol: They come in diff sizes btw this is the one I got for 5ft hutch :)

The man that made my hutch cover makes run covers too....he can make what ever you need, you just tell him what you want and he will quote and make it for you. He was on eBay as the hutch cover man and he was called Alan, lovely man and he uses very good quality materials but is well priced IMO

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=180946496875&index=8&nav=SEARCH&nid=72315799378 he is c.a.b.j on eBay.

You just give measurements and what you want, I messaged him to get all the details across. You can also have interchangeable sections for fly mesh and he can line with that silver stuff for winter.....

Last edited:
The man that made my hutch cover makes run covers too....he can make what ever you need, you just tell him what you want and he will quote and make it for you. He was on eBay as the hutch cover man and he was called Alan, lovely man and he uses very good quality materials but is well priced IMO

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=180946496875&index=8&nav=SEARCH&nid=72315799378 he is c.a.b.j on eBay.

You just give measurements and what you want, I messaged him to get all the details across. You can also have interchangeable sections for fly mesh and he can line with that silver stuff for winter.....

Thanks, Ive given him an email through Ebay :wave:

I got these off eBay

16bb5bfa.jpg

Much cheaper and hopefully stronger than the covers u can buy, which I found ripped really easily in the wind. I will take a photo of how i attach it on the hutch as its not on at mo. Still trying to come up with a good solution to keep it on but roll it up and secure it but I will do :lol: They come in diff sizes btw this is the one I got for 5ft hutch :)

Have you managed to attach the taroaulin as of yet? Hope its gone ok :)

Back