• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Confused about Happy Hutch pricing!

catherine09

Mama Doe
Was looking at the HH 6ft hutch over 6 x 4 run for £160 earlier, and decided I would really love to make the run a bit taller, and the hutch a bit deeper because of the ramp

Anyway, rang then up and asked for an extra 1ft height on the run, and an extra 1ft depth on the hutch, everything else the same. He quoted £350 :shock: I asked why there was such a massive increase on the original price and he told me it was because the wood is expensive.....but I could buy 2 of the original ones for less....bizarre!!

Maybe it's because he uses stronger wood for the bigger ones? They do sell 6x3 hutches on the site (they are listed separately under large hutches or large hutches and runs) and they are significantly more expensive, but they are also made from thicker wood. I've just bought a 6x3x3 one with 6x6 run and that came to £360 I think. I thought about making the run taller but decided not to as the bunnies can still stretch fully up and I have a hh extension I can add onto the front of it if it is still the standard height.

I am going to buy the £160 when I have saved up. I am going to make the run a little taller by myself though. Just adding a plinth of wood around the bottom. I am not too bothered about the depth of the hutch myself though.

Back