• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rejected by rescues...

Bugalugs

Warren Scout
Perhaps i'm taking it all a little personally, but i'm being rejected/ ignored by several rescues. I have the ritz of rabbit acomodation along ith a loving owner and five star care. Startibg to take it personally! x

They replied to my initial enquiry but then a week later when i told them i lost my doe and was devastated they stoped replying. Amost feellike they are implying i'm responsible for her death so they don't want to rehome to me :-/

They may just be very busy.
I got Parsley from fairly beloved rabbit care and I was so excited to be going through the whole process that I had to hold myself back from pestering them every day.
To be honest I'm surprised they didn't think I was a nut job as my emails were sometimes a little over enthusastic.. :lol:
In total it took about a month to get through the whole process.
If you're concerned just send a nice wee email saying you know they will be very busy but could you have a wee update?
:) I'm getting more bunnies from Fairly Beloved hopefully as Angel and Parsley decided that they didn't like each other after all :lol:

They may just be very busy.
I got Parsley from fairly beloved rabbit care and I was so excited to be going through the whole process that I had to hold myself back from pestering them every day.
To be honest I'm surprised they didn't think I was a nut job as my emails were sometimes a little over enthusastic.. :lol:
In total it took about a month to get through the whole process.
If you're concerned just send a nice wee email saying you know they will be very busy but could you have a wee update?
:) I'm getting more bunnies from Fairly Beloved hopefully as Angel and Parsley decided that they didn't like each other after all :lol:

I last heaxrd from them a month ago

They replied to my initial enquiry but then a week later when i told them i lost my doe and was devastated they stoped replying. Amost feellike they are implying i'm responsible for her death so they don't want to rehome to me :-/

dont be put off, see them in person, that's what i did. they are soo busy most of them

I know exactly how you feel though.
I did feel the same, I was checking my emails like every 2 mins and was so sad when it wasn't from them.
But i'm impatient :lol: The wait is worth it though.

No where have they implied that; that's something you have created in your head. Ok, so you haven't received a reply, but what if they have been without internet, or been dealing with a neglect case, or think they have replied and are waiting for a reply from you (I do this ALL the time), or just are super busy?

If you want to adopt then give them a call. There are SO many reasons why they may not have replied that talking to them voice to voice is far more reliable.

They could be short of people to do home checks. Or have you been home checked? Also, it's the holiday season and they may be really busy rescuing buns that have been abandoned while people take their well-deserved :evil: two weeks in the sun. Or they may be short-staffed because of holidays...

No reason not to get in touch with them again. Good luck. :thumb:

Bugalugs, there are lots of rescue members who post on here, do take a look at the rabbits in need section. Location is not always problematic,sometimes bun runs can be arranged so dont be afraid to ask

Bugalugs, there are lots of rescue members who post on here, do take a look at the rabbits in need section. Location is not always problematic,sometimes bun runs can be arranged so dont be afraid to ask

:thumb:

I would ring them too- some people don't have time to respond to emails and they are going to want to speak to you at some point anyway.

Sorry about your other bun- I personally try to leave a bit of quarantine time before getting another- however strike that if the remaining bun is clearly broken hearted or you know why the other died.

I'd just go and see them, then you can talk to them and they'll see how much this means to you - we adopted from rspca and she wasn't going to allow us to adopt as we don't have a permanent run, but she really liked our set up and said yes, that day we reserved rupert, and the next day tia (we had to wait for another family to choose between tia and another girl called frenchie).

You're a name on a screen the whole time you're just emailing..... if you're there, or even on the phone, you're an actual person. :) good luck.

Back