• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Only just started weeing everywhere, anywhere from little dribbles to full piddle.

Bought 2 rabbits last week, they are 9 and half weeks old. They were both doing fabulous with litter training but in the last 24 hours 1 has started weeing everywhere, anywhere from lots of little drops to a full wee, shes been drinking alot but is now going all over the place instead of litter tray.

Weve only just let them out in the garden once and hubby 'overfed' them yesterday, could this cause her to wee alot??

Personally I'd get her to a vet. This could be anything from marking her territory to a severe illness. Is she eating?

What do you mean "overfed" them? Too much grass in the garden? This can be deadly for a bun and can cause them to go into stasis. If she is off her food and not pooing, looking sorry for herself or acting in pain she needs a vet now.

Some bunnies will drink a lot when they are in pain or have bloat.

Thank you :) shes eating fine, both hay and nuggets. Hubby put in too many nuggests yesterday ( i was out and usually fed them). She seems happy within herself, hopping round, playing and eating.

If she seems ok in herself and isn't looking poorly then I would pop her to the vets on Monday. She could have a UTI (urinary tract infection) or something going on with her kidneys.
It also could be that she had a change of scenery and bringing her back to her usual place has made her think she needs to mark her territory or forget how to use the litter tray. At 9 weeks I would think she is a little young to be marking her territory but it's always a possibility.

Does she live with the buck? Or are they separate? Possibly could be smelling him and triggering her to pee also.

They are supposed to be 2 females. Never had any probs with my other bunnies before so this is all new. Will keep a close eye on her and give the vets a ring Monday :) Thank you for your help.

Sorry. Just thought as it says you have a male bun called Charlie in your sig lol.

I hope it's nothing serious. I would also get them both sexed, if you got them from a breeder or pet shop then I would be surprised that you have got 2 of the sex you asked for! There has been far to many accidental litters because people have taken a seller's word on the sex of their animals.

I would ask the vet to give them both a health check and ask about neutering and vaccinating :) :thumb:

Thanks :) Yeah both will be neutered when they are old enough and was going to get them vaccinated begining of Sept. But will get them both sexed as think its best to be safe than sorry.

Charlie and Buttons were my last 2 buns.. Now got Lottie and Rosie (hopefully lol)

Back