• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the bonding of Dash and Beauty

les&bev

Warren Scout
day 1 about 3 hours in.

We had a good trip up from acomb. dash and beauty snuggled most of the way.
They are both in the bathroom having nom's.

DSCF2904.jpg

what is the best time to introduce a litter tray ?

les, bev, Dash & Beauty.

hi its about 9 1/2 hours in of the first 48hr and it sort of going well.
no nipping, a bit of snuggling, dash is licking beauty but beauty has made no attempt to lick dash so far.
just before we have flopped out side by side.

i hope it goes well tonight as its going to be a long night.

les, bev and little dash, beauty

Awwww! :love: Sounds like it's going well! :) I would give them a litter tray tonight, digging will keep them occupied for a while! :lol: Hope Beauty gives Dash a lick soon xx

Sounds like they're showing positive signs. Just watch that one of them doesn't get possessive over the litter tray and keep shoving the other one out of it (which Flora did to Benji). I had to take EVERYTHING away from mine other than a water bowl and a pile of hay. Flora even got possessive of the hay pile and kept laying on it so Benji couldn't eat from it :shock::lol:. They're loved up now though - but it took a week. Best of luck with your two - let us know how they're getting on.

hi its 5.30am and its my shift.
a bit of a strange night beauty just wanted to sleep and dash just wanted to play all night.
beauty was starting to get grumpy, todays task is to move them to a small part of the kitchen and give dash some toys to wear him out.
i hope tonight they get a good night sleep.

les 5.33am

hi its 7.03 am dash and beauty are eating hay at the moment , in the bathroom not far from me.
I was talking to bev about how beauty started to groom dash it happened like this.

dash had groomed beauty most of the night on and off.
beauty did not return the favour until dash took it into his own hand.

The little man started to show off ripping the label of his new litter tray and digging at it with both paws.
he grabbed the tray in his mouth and was pulling and pushing it up and down the bathroom, beauty was looking at his is if to say"what you doing ?"
beauty jumped into the tray and dash just carried on what he was doing, beauty being dragged up and down the bathroom in a litter tray.

After a while she jumped out and was looking at him to say i am not impressed.
so dash picks up her plastic bowl and moves it with his mouth a few inches.

beauty is not impressed.

until dash throws the dish 8 inches into the litter tray.

he walk over to her drops his head in front of her and she starts to groom him.

Hi we have moved dash and beauty down to the kitchen; we just given them a small part for the moment and it will increased as days go by.

DSCF2912.jpg

We have had the start of humping this morning.

DSCF2911.jpg

I'd split any head humping up, as she could bite his bits! :shock: Hopefully they'll work out who is boss soon and settle down. :)

Dash & Beauty Bonding Day 3

Its Day 3 of Dash & Beauty bond.
Last night was better they did sleep better, well Beauty slept ok but Dash still not sleeping much, he kept chasing her and trying to hump her. I left them to it for a while then seperated them as she was getting grumpy, did not want to have any fights.
I slept in the kitchen with them for half the night, then I moved to the living room (just next room) kept door open so could hear if anything happened.
This morning they have both had nuggets but that is hard as they want to eat each others, Dash has dwarf nuggets and Beauty has adult size but they seemed to enjoy eating each others. so we will see how that one goes.
They have played a little with toys and he has started again chasing her and trying to mount her all the time. She does not look too happy about it at all.
See how the day goes, as on my own with them now as OH is back at work so just me with them today, hope they are good. Bev, Dash & Beauty :D:D:D

Day 5 of Bonding Dash & Beauty

Just an update on how the bond is going with Dash and Beauty.

We extended the area tea time yesterday to a slightly bigger area, in the kitchen they still not got the full kitchen as yet, we going to see how they get on today and tomorrow then might give them the rest of kitchen. Few concerns now is the table and chairs as Dash always jumped up and slept on the chairs on a night time and sometimes during the day. He did jump up there for a while but beauty did not follow him which is unusual as she had followed him around the rest of the area at first. It did not take her long to get used to the new area. Dash has a little step to help him get down from seat as don't want him to fall off. Not sure if this is going to be a problem if he goes up there too much and beauty stays on the ground.

Also an issue with food as well as Beauty is a hungry horace and eats all her food then tries to take Dash's food as well, as they on slightly different food. Anyone else had these issues, any ideas welcomed. Its not too bad at the minute as I can monitor them but I am back at work on Monday so they will be on there own all day next week, until me and OH come home from work, they will be left about 8 hours a day on own.

They do play together and have binkies and mini bunny 500 as well which is good to see :D:D:D

Hi it been a long week most of all for bev she had all the hard work and sleepless nights as i been at work.

They are both doing well and tomorrow they will get all of the kitchen as a playground.

les

DSCF2915.jpg

Yes it seems to have calmed down a lot now, still happening but only occasional not all the time.

They seem to be getting on okay, Beauty is eating well she has a good appetite thats for sure, the only problem we have is she is taking Dash's food as she eats a lot faster than Dash and then tries to take his as well, have the problem with the nuggets and greens. Any idea of how we can help this.

At the moment I am sitting with them and keeping her amused while he eats his, but Dash does not eat all his nuggets at once which is what Beauty does, but if we leave them there for him to go back to Beauty eats let all up. This is okay at the moment but when I go back to work they will be on there own all day so will not be able to sit with them for as long.

Any ideas on how to stop this or make sure Dash gets his share okay.

When angel and parsley were bonded before their fight ( very brief bond) we had to keep them seperate to feed them their nuggets. We fed at night when finished work.
I'm in the middle of trying to bond angel with her new friend bailey.
Hope this one works better!

Thanks for that we might have to try that one, we feed nuggets on morning and some greens then some more greens on a night. Just have to make sure we with them when we feed them to keep Beauty busy while Dash finishes his food as he does not eat as fast.
Good luck with your bond, hope this one works ok.

When angel and parsley were bonded before their fight ( very brief bond) we had to keep them seperate to feed them their nuggets. We fed at night when finished work.
I'm in the middle of trying to bond angel with her new friend bailey.
Hope this one works better!

Back