• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Marine wildlife

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
Stewart and me went on a boat trip today and seen lots of wildlife.

Arfs
IMG_8440.jpg

IMG_8443.jpg

Bogies
IMG_8433.jpg

IMG_8798.jpg

This is a golden eagle
IMG_8451.jpg

Porpoises
IMG_8717.jpg

IMG_8724.jpg

Was taking a picture of a boat and a whale got in the way
IMG_8472.jpg

Stoopid whale
IMG_8473.jpg

IMG_8562.jpg

IMG_8634.jpg

IMG_8689.jpg

IMG_8692.jpg

IMG_8693.jpg

IMG_8695.jpg

We had a nice time despite mr or mrs minke spoiling the interesting shots we were taking of the water.

What a fantastic day - and super photos. :thumb:

Seeing the minke whale must have amazing. I'm very envious.

Amazing! Where was the trip? :D

We left from a few miles south of Oban on the west coast of Scotland. :) The trip lasted 5 hours so there was plenty of time to look for things. The wale was having a feed so was diving down for 5 mins or so then it'd spend a few mins surfacing before diving again.

We left from a few miles south of Oban on the west coast of Scotland. :) The trip lasted 5 hours so there was plenty of time to look for things. The wale was having a feed so was diving down for 5 mins or so then it'd spend a few mins surfacing before diving again.

Wow, jealous!
I went on a whale watching trip from Mull some years ago, no whales to be seen although we did get a small group of bottlenose dolphins come up alongside the boat! We saw porpoises and peregrine falcons also but they were miles away so couldn't see them very well. I'd love to go on another one, we go to Oban quite often but my OH gets seasick so he wouldn't want to go :/

Back