• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would rabbits do if fox tried to get into hutch (Paranoid by noises at night)

DemiS

Warren Veteran
I'm quite a paranoid person, and at night I often hear noises outside by the hutches, or the rabbits thumping a lot, and to try clear my paranoia a bit at every slight sound, if a fox *was* trying to get into the hutch, what would rabbits do? Thump and run around petrified, or be silent and try hide? It stops me sleeping a lot and it's really getting on my nerves, I often end up getting out of bed stupidly late to wonder outside in my dressing gown and check nothings out there :roll:

I imagine they would thump as the fox approached, then either cower in fear at the back or thrash around in a blind panic if it tried to get in. Could you get one of those sonic fox deterrents? Or even some kind of sensor alarm?

Back