• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i need a hug

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
i booked a tradesman to come round today to do a few jobs in the kitchen and bedroom. got home from work yesterday at about 6 and said hi and had kissies with the buns, went upstairs and put a NIC pen together to house the buns while work was done downstairs the next day. the plan was to move them downstairs so work could start in the bedroom later.

came down after putting pen together to find Edward stretched out and trembling, he was acting like he couldn't get comfy, sitting up then lying down, tail up like he needed a wee but couldn't. He did a couple of wee's but not in the litter tray (not normal for him)
i gave him and Bella some food but he rejected it and continued trembling and trying to get comfy.
he did sit in the hay tray and do some poo-poo but was still off his food.

phoned the emergency vet and arranged for my neighbour to drive me. got to the vets at about 8.20,
vet examined him and thought he had dental problems so advised me to bring him back for check-up in the morning under sedation and gave him gut stimulant and pain relief.

got home, couldn't eat cos of the worry, couldn't sleep, got up this morning at 5am checked on the buns and fed them (Edward choffed his breakfast, typical!) normal wee and poo (typical!)
tradesman turned up at 8.00 and i explained the situation, bless him he was so understanding. friend turned up 20 minutes later to give me a lift to the vets. dropped both buns at the vets and signed the dreaded consent form and came home.

spent the next few hours trying not to look at the clock and keep myself busy. chap doing the work kept leaving the doors open so i was fending off bloody flies the whole time (last thing i need is a house full of flies with a poorly bunny).

the vets had told me to ring if i hadn't heard from them by 2pm. at about 11.30 the phone rang, Eddie is fine, a bit groggy and took a while to come round from the sedation but is ok and Bella bun giving him lots of love and kissies and can i collect at 2.30pm.

work on the kitchen and bedroom all finished by 1.30 so mad dash around to hoover up mess and put things back to normal for bunnies return, book taxi to collect me and buns from vets and we got home at about 3pm.

back home Edward is still a bit groggy, hiding in his carboard box but i think thats to be expected, he's had water and i can hear him chewing his chill n chew mat.

i need a hug!!

Back