• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stealthy buns - Surprise Litter!!

Ariana

Young Bun
We have a pair of buns, both six months old, who live in the same room, but in different hutches. They both get half a day to explore and exercise, but never together!! A few weeks ago, we found that Ron had staged an escape attempt, he found out that if he jumped high enough, hard enough, he could lift up the lid of his hutch!! (now locked down, makes it more difficult to clean but heh, better than having an escaped bun!)

Until yesterday, we thought the worst that had happened was our depleted treat supply... but yesterday our female bun kindled! :oops: We now have six healthy little kits! Obviously, this resulted in a LOT of searching to see how Ron managed to get anywhere near Bella! The only thing we can think of is that we have magical rabbits, because her hutch is completely secure! (we even lifted it to check underneath in our confusion!)

Thankfully, Ron is getting neutered when I next get paid, so this can never happen again, but I thought I'd share this as a cautionary tale of just how determined buns can be! :shock:

Pics will follow in a couple of weeks when the kits begin to explore, it looks like we have 3 black, 2 with black spots and 1 light coloured bun to spoil rotten until we can re-home them!

Wow! He must of been very determined. Is part of her hutch mesh? If so maybe he mated her through the mesh? However it happened I would love to see pictures of the little ones. Please....................

Back