• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Belle - You will never ever be forgotten.

R.P.B.G.G

Mama Doe
Belle, you came to us in an awful state, your cage was full of maggots, you had urine scald all along your belly and hind legs, and you could feel every bone in your body.

You used to be so skatty, wouldnt sit still for a second, but once you put on condition you turned from an ugly duckling to a beautiful swan,
You were always so affectionate in your own little way.

I put you out to free range yesterday, and as you always did you jumped down to the side of the garden you were not supposed to be, to get to the long lush grass, I put you away after a few hours as you were laying by your hutch and looked like you had, had enough, I gave you a huge pile of readigrass, your favourite treat, just a few hours later I heard you sneezing, I opened your hutch and you just didnt look right, the sparkle had gone from your eye, my gut churned knowing the symptoms you were showing...

We took you too the vet as quick as we could, where they confirmed you did indeed have myxomatosis, my eyes welled, knowing your fate, the vet asked me if I wanted to fight, my gut was telling me to try for you, but I did not want you to suffer the slim chance, but let you go before any suffering, knowing your life had taken a massive change from how you used to live, you wanted for nothing, you free ranged daily, we put you on the table, were you jumped up onto my chest like a little doggy, I tried not to cry, and before they took you, saying my goodbyes, you jumped into my arms once more, by this time even the vets were welling up,

You looked so peaceful Belle, we laid you to rest under the rhodedendrum tree, in the part of the garden you were not allowed but always went,
I will miss you so much, your passing has torn my heart to shreds,
Sleep well my darling, Im so sorry, I hope you are at peace.

A few photos from your time with us.
bluebell7.jpg

Belle8.jpg

Belle9.jpg

Rabbits085.jpg

Rabbits097.jpg

Rabbits102.jpg

Rabbits112.jpg

Belle.jpg

Belle1-2.jpg

Belle...what a perfect name. She was gorgeous.
Binky free beautiful bun.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

Back