• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Petplan question about claiming

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
We've already claimed once for GI stasis in Buckley this year, do I have to start a new claim for each individual episode (which would be pointless as the treatment for each individual episode costs less than the excess) or do I put in a continuation claim for each episode as they're the same illness?
I'd like to know as since the cheque for the time he was hospitalized came through he's needed two more vet visits/ medicine refills for stasis.

With ongoing treatment, you might as well wait until it builds up, since it's the same thing I think they can put it into one, though best ask your vets. As petplan could see them as individual illnesses and will do them separately.

My vet just gets me to sign another claim form and sends it off as a continuous claim if its for the same illness

Sounds like a continuation. I would also save them up and send them as one because the vets charge £10 :/

Sounds like a continuation. I would also save them up and send them as one because the vets charge £10 :/

What - for sending off form? I've never been charged - wouldn't have thought they could do that. Perhaps I've misunderstood what you meant.

Some vets do charge for filling in a claim form - an admin charge

For the same illness in the same policy year you only normally have one excess.

Back