• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We had to let Bic go to the bridge today

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(:(

Just a week before his second birthday :cry:

For nearly 4 weeks I had been syringe feeding him round the clock because of his broken jaw and as time passed I thought we would be winning. However he was making no attempt to eat on his own, was getting depressed and on Monday his eye on that side started to bulge.

we were given antibiotics, it was flushed, checked for ulcers etc and he was already on high pain relief but this morning it was so much worse we were scared it was going to pop right out of his head :( He was rushed to the vets in minutes. X-rays showed that the jaw break had healed which in reality was bad news as it meant this was not the cause of his not eating. All his roots on both sides were infected and there was a probably abscess ( or tumour given his history ) behind his eye.

We had discussed the option of removal on several occasions during the week, but once we had the x-rays it was clear this would achieve nothing long term as the eye in itself wasn't the issue and removing it would not help the cause. AS his jaw break was unusual we also think that may well have been brought on by his root problems and his really bad start in life may also have a direct relation to what was happening :( He was obviously in a lot of pain that we couldn't take away so we had no choice :cry:

So completely gutted as we battled so hard together to pull him through this. He came to us as part of a big rescue at just 10 days old with his mum and sister and were never expected to survive. Very rarely do we ever have babies and watch them grow up in to proper bunnies so he was a special boy.

Binky free Bic I hope you find your Mum Berol at the bridge who also fought hard to stay with us long enough to give you a chance in life :love: xx

So sorry for all your troubles at the moment, Liz. I can't think of anything else to say... just that what you do is so worthwhile. So many of these little lives wouldn't be worth anything without the effort and love that you put in.

Binky free Bic. xxx

I didn't realise he was quite as young when he came to you. I'm sure the extra care he has needed these last few weeks will make you miss him all the more. :(

Binky free Bic. xxx

I didn't realise he was quite as young when he came to you. I'm sure the extra care he has needed these last few weeks will make you miss him all the more. :(

This was taken a few days after they arrived. they hadn't left the nest and already had pasturella

P9040834.jpg

Oh no Liz, I am so sorry.:cry: He was so fortunate to find you and have the chance that he did.

Binky free wee guy.

Poor old Bic. I was actually thinking of him this morning when sorting out my babyfood and wondered how he was. I'm very sorry to see this update, but he had so much better than he could ever have dreamed, with you.

Binky Free Bic.

So sorry Liz :cry:. Binky free Bic and sleep tight in the knowledge that you had the BEST home ever.

Poor old Bic. I was actually thinking of him this morning when sorting out my babyfood and wondered how he was. I'm very sorry to see this update, but he had so much better than he could ever have dreamed, with you.

Binky Free Bic.

He loved the Hipp baby food, would eat jars of it if I syringed it directly into his mouth but he would never eat it if offered on a teaspoon so i knew something was going wrong :(

I always knew it was going to be a real struggle to get him through this, so I have some little comfort in knowing that there was nothing i could have done in the end to prevent it happening or make it better. Still completely gutted though :(

Thank you xx

I have only just realised that we have lost 3 bunnies in 10 days :( Why does it always happen so close together :cry:

LIz I am so very sorry. So many of the Lymington bunnies have passed on. They had it all stacked against them didn't they.

Thank you for giving him such a lovely love filled life. Reunited with his mumma.

Binky free Biclet

LIz I am so very sorry. So many of the Lymington bunnies have passed on. They had it all stacked against them didn't they.

Thank you for giving him such a lovely love filled life. Reunited with his mumma.

Binky free Biclet

Yes sadly they really did, although at the end of the day it is a miracle that they survived at all. Hopefully Biro will still go on to have a long happy life with Bunny Bundy and Babs is till going strong too :love:

Back