• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit savvy vet West Sussex...

IkkiN

Young Bun
Poppy doesn't appear to be getting any better :( although she seems quite happy within herself, is still eating normally, binkying and loving cuddles.
I'm loathed to take her back to our usual vet as i'm becoming increasingly aware that they aren't really sure what's going on and not being very proactive. The best they've come up with so far is ripping the horns off and saying "this is what we do with the dogs" :shock: I can't believe this is right?!

So, can anyone recommendation a rabbit savvy vet in the West Sussex area? I'm more than willing to travel but would prefer somewhere closer to Worthing/Shoreham areas.
I spoke to someone at the Rabbit Welfare Association but the person she recommended no longer works at the practice. I'm dubious about going to the vet practice she worked at if I will potentially be in the same situation i'm in now..

Just want to see my bunny on top form again...

Thanks

Sorry I can't recommend anyone as I don't live in your area.

Might be an idea to pop this thread in rabbit chat section. I'm sure that someone will be able to help you and of course your dear bunny.

Best of luck.:thumb:

Mewes Vets in Haywards Heath seem to be quite rabbit savvy - not sure if its a bit far tho?

Theres a fabulous lady vet at Pet Doctors called Karen - she covers Lewes some Saturdays and is soo lovely and knows her bunny stuff!

http://www.petdoctors.co.uk/clinic/seaford/

Thank you. Haywards heath is a little far out but will definately keep it in mind if I don't find anywhere else Lewes is a little closer, thanks for link, will give them a phone :)

Thank you. Haywards heath is a little far out but will definately keep it in mind if I don't find anywhere else Lewes is a little closer, thanks for link, will give them a phone :)

Pet doctors do have other branches, but not sure how rabbit savvy they are - we seen karen when we used to go there, her usual branch is seaford..... it was just too far for us to keep going as our bunnies were getting more and more stressed each time.

Back