• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have 5 bunnies, do you think 1 more will make a huge difference?

Charlottee

New Kit
I have 5 bunnies, i am thinking about getting a baby harlequin mini lop.. do you think adding one more bunny to the gang will make a huge impact on all factors? :D Thanks x

I would think more if you have the time, space and funds for another one. It wouldn't be fair on your buns and the new one if it means you would struggle.

The extra vet bills would make me think twice. If you buy a baby from a breeder you will also have the initial vaccination and neutering costs to think about. Plus what would you do if the new one didn't bond into the group? Where will the new bunny go until he or she has been neutered, hromones have disipated and can be bonded into the group? What about the time needed for bonding? Bonding groups is complicated. Having two groups makes a surprising amount of extra work. You need to double everything, water bowls, litter trays, toys, dustpan and brush, etc. I found having four in two groups a lot harder than three in one group.

Insurance, vet bills/excess on insurance, accomodation, time, space....

We have 4 buns and are considering two more...money plays a huge factor! I have the time but need to make sure that insurance can be covered and vet bills too (vaccinations etc). We still have two to spay aswell.

Good luck.

My main concern would be if the bun doesn't bond to the group. Then you'd need to get another bun to bond it to and that's extra accommodation/space.

But if you have the money, time and space I don't see a problem.

Back