• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Insurance...

IkkiN

Young Bun
It occured to me today that with potential high costs for Poppy that it may be worth taking out rabbit insurance...
We have a "bunny vase" where spare 20ps are added and when it reachs £30, it's banked for vet bills etc.
So we have a financial "bunny buffer" which I rarely touch unless money is particularly tight.

Does anyone have rabbit insurance? Where did you get it? Any recommendations? Rough idea of annual costs?

Apologies for all the questions!
Didn't really know where to post this so if it's in the wrong place, please move it!! ;)

Definately worth getting. I have 3 rabbits and 3 chinchillas. 3 different policies. 2 with Pets at Home, cost £78.00 a year. Pet Plan I think is about £160.00 for the year. Exotic Pets about £120 a year. All life policies, so it will cover a condition they have suffered from the following year, so long as it was not pre-existing.

I have used my 2 Pets at Home policies this claim. A claim for about £500 and another claim for nearly £1,500.00.

Last year spent out £2,200.00 plus on illnesses as I had no insurance. Vets can be very expensive, especially if its an emergency.

Pet Plan cover up to £2,000.00 of claims. Pets at Home up to £1,500.00. Not sure about the other one.

I think you'll find that practically everyone on this forum has rabbit insurance, me included.

I use Petplan.

It's definitely worth getting, we pay around £20 for both bunnies with Petplan lifetime policies.

It's such a good idea.... if (god forbid) anything ahppened to them i'd want to do all I could to save them, without insurance I wouldn't be able to afford to do that.... but I can afford £20 a month extra on top of everything else they get, its worth the piece of mind to know that if anything happened i can say 'do whatever it takes' :)

Back