• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Milly gets stasis all the time :-( One of them leaking urine too

lja401

Warren Scout
Hi all,
We went away at the weekend and came home to be told that Milly our rabbit had to be taken to the vet yesterday (again!!!) because she would not eat. Thankfully she has perked up after having pain killer, anti biotics and gut medicine. The problem is it is happening all the time, mostly when one of us or both of us is away I might add.
I am beginning to think there may be something wrong with her as this is about the 6th time this has happened in 2 years. She isn't insured for gut stasis either :-( About a year ago she went to the vet when she wouldn't eat and they did xray and blood tests but didn't find anything.
What can we do to help her? It is so stressful when she is like that. She has unlimited supply of hay..she is a pretty good hay eater. No veg and half egg cupful of pellets a day
I also noticed that one of our rabbits (we have another rabbit Noel too) has leaked urine outside in their cage as there was a little amount of orange liquid on the floor of their cage. Noel is currently having some Ceporex for his snuffles. I know that Milly had some Ceporex just before she became ill as she ate the bit of food with it on that Noel was meant to have:( I am worried about the leaky urine. Noel has suspected EC too. They are a dear little pair but boy have they been unlucky with all their illnesses. Milly is also eating a lot of cecals.
Any advice/ideas?
Thank you,
L x

Last edited:
I really don't know. She is often ill when we are away or when my boyfriend is away on business. However she is a chewer and so I do wonder if that causes the problems. She constantly chews skirting boards, walls and door frames. Have covered most with big willow twigs and have things for her to play with but we can't always get there in time to stop her.

Back