• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long does it take to bond bunnies???

Hi x

I'm hoping to rehome a male bunny later this week, I want to know how long does it take to bond bunnies.

I've got a spayed female, Millie, she's 17 months old.

Thank you xx

how long is a piece of string?

i have had bondings done in 48 hours some can take weeks.
it all depends on the tempraments of your bunnies and if they like each other! :?

it all depends on the tempraments of your bunnies and if they like each other! :?

As above.

Many rabbit rescues will do bonding for you. Many people make a donation to the rescue for their help.

Best of luck.:thumb:

You'll also need your current bun :)lol:) spayed first and your male neutered, if not already.

Exactly lol

The male bunny hasn't been neutered. He is a year old. I want to get him neutered before I bond Millie and him.

The story is one of my friend's friend daughter has got bored with him and doesn't get him out of his hutch which is bad. So I said that I'll rehome him plus it will give Millie a play mate and company for her.

If all goes well I should get him this week sometime, hopefully :)

Awww how sad, but such a common situation. I'm sure he'll have a much happier life with you and Millie :)

BTW, my bonding took 5 days :) From what I gather from people in this forum it was a very easy, straightforward bonding though. Good luck xx

Awww how sad, but such a common situation. I'm sure he'll have a much happier life with you and Millie :)

BTW, my bonding took 5 days :) From what I gather from people in this forum it was a very easy, straightforward bonding though. Good luck xx

It is sad. Poor thing :-(
He will need lots of loving care which I can give him :)

Why do people have any kind of animals and then don't care of them. It makes my blood boil.

I got a friend and she said she will help me to bond them as she's got 2 bunnies herself.

Thank you x

That's great news, hope it goes well :)

I know what you mean, I've never seen the point of buying a pet then shutting it out in a hutch at the end of the garden where the only contact with it is for 20 seconds every morning when they feed it :( Pointless and cruel.

I guess some people see animals just as cute furry things for their own entertainment (when they feel like it) rather than living, feeling, sensitive companions. Thank god you are able to rescue this poor little boy xx Sorry, no offence to your friend, it just upsets me when this happens.

Last edited:
That's great news, hope it goes well :)

I know what you mean, I've never seen the point of buying a pet then shutting it out in a hutch at the end of the garden where the only contact with it is for 20 seconds every morning when they feed it :( Pointless and cruel.

I guess some people see animals just as cute furry things for their own entertainment (when they feel like it) rather than living, feeling, sensitive companions. Thank god you are able to rescue this poor little boy xx Sorry, no offence to your friend, it just upsets me when this happens.

I'm hoping the bonding will go well too without any hitches.

It upsets me too when people buy animals on a whim and then don't take care of them. Animals are the same as people, they've got feelings like us.

No worries, it's one of my friend's sister in law's daughter's bunny so I don't really know them. Good job I don't know them, if I did know them I would be having words with the daughter.

It is like you said, I'm able to rescue him and give him a loving home where he will be a companion for my Millie. I'm happy to rescue him so he can have a better life xx

Back