• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

concidering moving to spain

samijofood

Young Bun
im concidering moving to spain with my parents next year and i was wondering how do i go about taking jed with me.

i know he needs to be up to date with his vaccines and be micro chipped.

does anyone else know anythingabout it?

he would be kept indoors over there, and we would be traveling by car on euro tunnel.

I seriously doubt you would have access to any kind of rabbit savvy vet in Spain.

Depending on where about's your going there's actually some really good vets. We often stay on the Costa Brava in a small village and theres about 4 vets in one village, all excellent. Often you get German, Swiss, French vet setting up too its just a case of researching who's got a good reputation. Some of the pet warehouses (that dont sell animals) are amazing, you can get all sorts there:D The pet shops are awful but warehouses good:D

There is some info here
http://www.spanishpropertyco.com/Taking pets to Spain.html

I think you need to think about how well your rabbit travels. I assume the car journey is going to take a few days and so if your bunny is nervous in cars I wouldn't recommend it.

You might have to break the journey into much smaller stages and stay over night in places letting bunny out over night.

thanks guys

snowberry- jed travels really well suprisingly i took him to a show in birmingham, we stopped along the way for him to stretch his legs abit and he was fine. i think hearing my voice helped him too me singing to the radio.

ill have a look at the links youve all suggested.

:wave:

Back