• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vibes for bluebell yet again PLEASE

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
As it is each and every time our poor big girle gets hospitalised....it is the fever of unknown origin.....her ears were like a furnace and she didnt struggle when i picked her up to go in the carrier.
We have no idea what causes it..its something that is recurrent but nothing unusual in blood tests.

she was under thevweather a bit late lat night and this morning so i rang the vets. our usual vet had no clinic at our local branch and wed off.....id have to wait till thursday. I am glad i took an afternoon appt at the hosputal itself.....even tho it cst me £20 all round. As i picked her up to put her in the carrier i noticed there was not enough poops and quite small....hardly any pellets eaten....she picked at her piece of toast crust. She never once struggled....no biting me and no biting her dewlap which she does ferociously. Instead she just flopped in mynarms cuddled into my chest.

i could be blase about it because she is so prone to it and has bounced back even from not eing expected to make the night abfew times.
But im worried about her.....i always do....the cats are worried and stressed thatshes not around and baxter is very confused and worried too.

hes scratchy and bluebell isnt....shes got minor bout of ear mites in one ear....where on earth did they come from if no ones been outside! The life cycle if i have this right..of adult ear mite laying eggs....eggs hatching....larvae going through pupation until reaching adulthood and laying the next lot of eggs is three weeks. baxters been scratching last week....is it possible hes had them since e got here on 4th march but never ever showed any signs of them?

ive never ever had a bunny with ear mites....a kitten we had dumped on us decades ago yes...but then he was also riddled with worms and fleas!

im shocked to be honest!

the vet assured me there was no connection from the mites making bluebell ill. A secondary bacterialminfection can occur in severe ear mite infestation though.

poor girlie.....vibes please.....i need to get her and baxter 100% to start seriously bonding them....in the garden i think...if i ever get the grass cut!

for now i just want her to get better.

Poor Bluebell. Sending mega mega vibes.

I must admit I had never heard of mites on a bunny until I joined RU.

I hope you are feeling ok yourself.

Sending lots of vibes for Bluebell. I think that mites can come in on the hay. My friend freezes the hay and then defrosts it to make sure its clear. Usually vets give two or three mites injections spead 2 weeks apart - this covers the breeding period. Hope bluebell picks up soon . x

Barbara is right. My bunnies and cats never went outdoors either but we are now treating for mites successfully with selamectin although the vets can't find mites on any of my pets. :shock:
The only thing it could be is the hay. :?
Mega healing vibes for Bluebell and big hugs for you!

Lots of vibes.

We've had ear mites in this house as Dexter brought them with him when he came here.

Hope you get it sorted xxx

Thank you all so much....it helped as i was able to bring her home this afternoon! she has ear drops twice daily for a few more days....great fun! She is releived yo be homevand since being home she hasnt chased any of the cats at all!! she will tomorrow im sure!
It is so nice to stroke her and nit burn my hands on her ears!
Shes had a little drink.....nibbled some hay...done a few tiny poops but fingers crossed she will have relaxed more by tomorrow and the poop will come!
I did her ear drops then after shed shaken herself silly i gave her some fresh mint leaves....she nommed those.....i have fresh basil in the fridge too for her....and will take some for upstairs bunnys too.

she has been and used the litter tray in the dog crate....and shes a bit bemused as to why baxters not in it....and not out either!

its because he has stayed in at the vets now....but thats another story!

Glad to hear Bluebell is home and feeling better. :)
Vibes on the way for Baxter. (((((((((((((Healing vibes))))))))))))))))

thank you.....shes very quiet in her litter tray....not much eaten and smaller poohs....but i am going to give her some fresh herbs later. i wonder if shes actually missing baxter as this is how he was with her at the vets?

poor girlie....cannot believe she wasnt scratching at her ear etc and baxter was and hes got fine ears.....its actually the fur on the back of his head the vet says....hes moulting so much as is bluebell. Think id need the pet vac with these two!

Back