• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

teach a rabbit to use a bowl for water?

belgian2

Alpha Buck
as above really, i have a 10ish week lop rabbit that uses only a bottle and I would like her to learn that water can come in a bowl too. any tips on how to encourage her to learn?

I just gave mine a bowl, showed them it, splashed my fingers in it a bit to show them it was water, and they drank from it later.

I just added a bowl (as well as their bottle) and they went to it. I have now completely removed the bottle :)

I put water in a bowl, set in in there hutch and seen what they would do. Trigger took to it right away but it took Oreo awhile to learn how to use one. I would say twoish days.

thank you folks. well she has a bowl..I've dipped fingers in it- laid treats by it/in it, touched a wet finger to her mouth from it. she ignores it! I do not have nerve to remove her bottle for fear she wouldn't get any water without it.

thank you folks. well she has a bowl..I've dipped fingers in it- laid treats by it/in it, touched a wet finger to her mouth from it. she ignores it! I do not have nerve to remove her bottle for fear she wouldn't get any water without it.

Just give it some time. Make sure you put fresh water in every day, I am sure you will soon see her use it!

Back