PDA

View Full Version : Trevor has gone into heart failure, / great news p212

Hugo's There
07-08-2012, 11:47 AM
:cry::cry::cry:

I have been so worried about her over the weekend, she is still enjoying life but I knew something was seriously wrong.

She was started back on antibiotics and yesterday seemed better but today her breathing was much worse. We sent her for acupuncture as normal as we knew Sarah would give her a proper check up and she was really concerned so took conscious x-rays and her heart is enlarged and her lungs full of fluid :cry: The stress of the short journey to the vets had made Trevor 100 times worse and she could barely breathe and was a bad colour. Sarah said as Trevor was in front of her, her quality of life is not acceptable :cry:

As she is a bit better at home and so happy living with her friends we have brought her home to see if the diuretic injections help her. She is back at the vets tomorrow morning and if she hasn't improved she will be pts :cry::cry:

So many of us have worked so hard to support Trevor and get her back on her feet and she is really getting there, but the stress of it all has obviously been too much on her little body :cry::cry::cry:

Gutted doesn't come close to describing how we all feel :(

Jack's-Jane
07-08-2012, 11:54 AM
I am really sorry :cry: Poor Bunny :cry:

ellie5
07-08-2012, 11:55 AM
:cry::cry::cry:

I have been so worried about her over the weekend, she is still enjoying life but I knew something was seriously wrong.

She was started back on antibiotics and yesterday seemed better but today her breathing was much worse. We sent her for acupuncture as normal as we knew Sarah would give her a proper check up and she was really concerned so took conscious x-rays and her heart is enlarged and her lungs full of fluid :cry: The stress of the short journey to the vets had made Trevor 100 times worse and she could barely breathe and was a bad colour. Sarah said as Trevor was in front of her, her quality of life is not acceptable :cry:

As she is a bit better at home and so happy living with her friends we have brought her home to see if the diuretic injections help her. She is back at the vets tomorrow morning and if she hasn't improved she will be pts :cry::cry:

So many of us have worked so hard to support Trevor and get her back on her feet and she is really getting there, but the stress of it all has obviously been too much on her little body :cry::cry::cry:

Gutted doesn't come close to describing how we all feel :(

oh my gosh i'm so sorry hopefully she gets better by tommorrow, :cry:

susie bun
07-08-2012, 11:56 AM
I'm so very sorry. :cry: Sending big hugs, and hoping she might still improve. If the worst happens, please take comfort in all the love you have given her, and shared with her many friends and supporters. xxx

LittleEskimo
07-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Oh I hope you manage to find a way to help her :cry:

I love Trevor, how she had been through so much and yet was full of so much life and was so trusting and happy.

Just know you did your best, that's all you can ever do. You made Trevor happy and gave her a second chance. She knows she is loved.

xx

Hugo's There
07-08-2012, 12:01 PM
She is still eating well and seems to be keeping up with the others no problems. She has been living with the group for over a week now free range in the lounge and is loving it. She is always going from bunny to bunny demanding head washes :love::love:

I am so pleased she got to share a little time with some bunny friends

Justine
07-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Isn't the vet going to try heart drugs too?

esupi
07-08-2012, 12:08 PM
:( oh no! It has been so inspirational reading about her - really hope she can get through this.

Cari
07-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Oh no! Trevor be strong little girly, I hope the diuretics help to reduce the fluid on her lungs.
Keep fighting little girl, we're all rooting for you :love:

donnamt
07-08-2012, 12:11 PM
your vets will really pts after 24 hours???

After the first vet failed to diagnose heart failure the 2nd vet put Pearl onto fortekor and vetmedin as well as diruetics and it was 10-14 days before she showed improvement so deffo no need to die within 24hours..... I would change vets ASAP really shocked they wont fight for her :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Barn Yard Bunnies
07-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Oh no, I am so sorry. I really hope Trevor picks up. I can't help but feel such anger to those lads that did this to her in the first place.

Mega mega mega vibes for Trevor.

Bunny Buddy
07-08-2012, 12:18 PM
So so sorry to read this :( As if the poor girl doesn't have enough to deal with already. I suppose her other health problems were too much for her major systems to cope with without a knock on effect. I really hope between you you can over come this.

MimzMum
07-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Oh Lord, please, no.... :cry:
Is there no way the vet could come out to see how comfy she is at home?
I will keep Trevor in my prayers. Healing vibes winging their way to you!

hellsdarkrose
07-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Oh no :(

Hugo's There
07-08-2012, 12:42 PM
your vets will really pts after 24 hours???

After the first vet failed to diagnose heart failure the 2nd vet put Pearl onto fortekor and vetmedin as well as diruetics and it was 10-14 days before she showed improvement so deffo no need to die within 24hours..... I would change vets ASAP really shocked they wont fight for her :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

The difference is Pearl could walk Trevor is dragging herself and has pain in her legs so is self mutilating and she has major bladder issues.

3 vets have seen her today she had an hour long consult. they have all been involved in fighting hard to help Trevor I am sorry if that is not enough for everyone on here, but we have all put so much effort into helping this little girl and we wont let her suffer.

I wont be updating any more as this is far too upsetting :(

Jaysmonkey
07-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Oh no :cry: Hugs to you and steve and mega vibes for Trevor x

Justine
07-08-2012, 12:53 PM
The difference is Pearl could walk Trevor is dragging herself and has pain in her legs so is self mutilating and she has major bladder issues.

3 vets have seen her today she had an hour long consult. they have all been involved in fighting hard to help Trevor I am sorry if that is not enough for everyone on here, but we have all put so much effort into helping this little girl and we wont let her suffer.

I wont be updating any more as this is far too upsetting :(

I thought you said she was coping apart from the heart failure. :? If her heart failure was that bad, she wouldn't be keeping up with her friends.

Hugo's There
07-08-2012, 12:58 PM
I thought you said she was coping apart from the heart failure. :? If her heart failure was that bad, she wouldn't be keeping up with her friends.

What ever I say you will pick holes in it so whats the point, you obviously know me and our rabbits better than I do and you seem to spend your time just waiting for me to post something you can rip apart so I hope you are happy today that I am now sobbing at the computer

Justine
07-08-2012, 12:59 PM
What ever I say you will pick holes in it so whats the point, you obviously know me and our rabbits better than I do and you seem to spend your time just waiting for me to post something you can rip apart so I hope you are happy today that I am now sobbing at the computer

I don't normally post on your threads so that isn't true.

Pebblesetc
07-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Lots of vibes for Trevor and big hugs for you. You've done so much for this lovely little girl xoxo

GrahamL
07-08-2012, 01:02 PM
I don't normally post on your threads so that isn't true.

Perhaps it would be best if you went back to not doing so :wave:

I'm really sorry to hear your news Liz :(

Hope Trevor can enjoy whatever time she has left with her friends :love:

lucy24
07-08-2012, 01:03 PM
im so sorry, i think you have done the best you can! from what ive seen on here she has been enjoying herself and youve given her the best time so dont let anyone else tell you different.You know what is best for her. its an emotional time and i wish you all the best whatever happens.

Jenova
07-08-2012, 01:08 PM
I couldn't pm you for some reason so just sending hugs.

Minilop3
07-08-2012, 01:08 PM
:( oh no! It has been so inspirational reading about her - really hope she can get through this.

im so sorry, i think you have done the best you can! from what ive seen on here she has been enjoying herself and youve given her the best time so dont let anyone else tell you different.You know what is best for her. its an emotional time and i wish you all the best whatever happens.

This ^^

Will be thinking of you and Trevor and I hope she will improve.

Alibunmum
07-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Liz, I am heartbroken having read this. I know you will have done everything possible for Trevor and will be fighting with every ounce of strength Trevor has left. So sorry Liz.

Tatihou
07-08-2012, 01:18 PM
What ever I say you will pick holes in it so whats the point, you obviously know me and our rabbits better than I do and you seem to spend your time just waiting for me to post something you can rip apart so I hope you are happy today that I am now sobbing at the computerI'm not sure that anyone is picking holes - I think it's just that everyone is so keen for Trevor to survive with a good quality of life. So there's a lot of straw clutching going on. I'm an atheist sitting here in tears praying for a miracle. I don't do that often. So I can only begin to imagine how you feel.

But you're the one at the sharp end, you know Trevor and you're the one that knows from every movement how she might be feeling.

If the worst comes to the worst, I'm totally confident you'll - along with the vets - will make the right decision for Trevor. And frankly, at some stage for all buns, the worst is to keep them going when their quality of life is diminishing - the worst is not a gentle passing with people that love them.

But I'm going to continue wishing for that miracle.

kaths101
07-08-2012, 01:23 PM
I really don't think that questioning liz and her vets (whom she obviously has complete faith in) is helping right now!

I'm so sorry liz, I'm thinking of you and Trevor and if it is her time tomorrow, remember you have made her life very happy. ((hugs)) xxxxxx

Tinsel
07-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Heartbreaking after the journey you've had with her. Wishing Trevor many more days in the sun, against all odds....

KarenM
07-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Liz, I am heartbroken having read this. I know you will have done everything possible for Trevor and will be fighting with every ounce of strength Trevor has left. So sorry Liz.

Me too. :(:(

Can we please remember the forum is supposed to be a supportive place to visit and, right now, Liz could do with some support rather than having her decisions scrutinised. Also bear in mind that Liz knows her bunnies better than any of us do; it's impossible for us to sit back and say what we think should be done as we have no idea of the extent of Trevor's problems.

Just because things can be done, it doesn't mean it's right to try in every single circumstance. If you feel you have useful suggestions then please try to word them a bit more sensitively.

Rhianna
07-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Just adding more vibes that Trevor can continue to enjoy her new life and her bunny friends xxxxxxx

chelle
07-08-2012, 01:43 PM
oh Im ever so sorry:cry::cry:...I thought she was making amends...Im so so pleased she has been able to spend time free ranging with her little bunny friends:love:...it sounds like she really picked up and has been enjoying this time. I was wondering if its at all possible for the vets to visit her at home? Would this help her not be so stressed if she did not have to travel?
If the worst comes and she does need to be PTS...would she get comfort from being in familiar surroundings with her friends?

I have no idea how it works..just a thought that perhaps if the travelling stressed her out - the vet might think she was not doing as well...but it would be the travelling.

Im ever so sorry and against all odds pray she will start feeling better and improve...huge hugs hun...youre dong such amazing care for her xxxx c'mon Trevor....we all rooting for you sweetie! xxxx

bunny mad lisa
07-08-2012, 01:47 PM
We all know you will do whats best liz....Trevor is in the best hands and you have gone above and beyond to help her. thinking of you x

ripminnie
07-08-2012, 02:05 PM
I'm so so sorry to see this :( you've done an amazing job with Trevor, and it's lovely seeing her with her bunny friends. I do agree with a previous post that the vet should come to you in this case, as Trevor will be nowhere near as stressed x sending mega vibes for her and hugs for you xx

Tracy
07-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Sending loads of vibes for little Trevor.

Thinking of you. xx

Lobo
07-08-2012, 02:12 PM
I am so sorry that there is yet another impediment put in the way of this inspirational little girl. I am just hopeful that if it is miracle needed for her to pull through with quality of life that it be granted.

I know there are some who have experienced a rabbit with chronic heart conditions, but to those who haven't it is probably one of the most difficult conditions to deal with. Every hour of every day you have to ask yourself if the medications are making enough difference to maintain some semblance of quality of life. Every day you have to see them not able to breathe normally and question if this is, or is not, quality of life. Time and again you see a small improvement, only for it to be gone an hour later. It is worse when you know that their prior life was neglect; or in Trevor's case, abuse.

I don't believe a stone has been left unturned in the quest to give Trevor's life quality since she came into care; and I further believe if her miracle does not occur any further decision will be made out of love and respect for her and nothing else. I have nothing but admiration for the work Rainbow Rabbits' do for these broken little bodies for whom they care.

KateB
07-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Sending vibes for Trevor - hoping for a miracle

Mrs. Bunnykins
07-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Oh poor little Trevor.:cry:

She is so determined to live, but her poor body has suffered so much.

I am sending love and warmth in my wishes for whatever time she has left with you.

At least she will have known true love albeit for a short space of time.

Hoping for a miracle for you Trevor. :love::love::love:

MichelleBee
07-08-2012, 02:39 PM
I am so very sorry to hear this. Whatever happens, you know that you have done your very best for her and she has had a few months surrounded by comfort, love and bunny friends.

Lots of vibes for Trevor :love:

Elena
07-08-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm so sorry Liz, hoping for a miracle :(

natsusakura
07-08-2012, 02:53 PM
:( I love reading about wee Trevor and im completely devastated to hear how unwell she is.
I'm so glad she has you looking after her even though I can't imagine how hard it is for you to see her being so Ill.
Whatever happens I know shell be happy either way as you have given her excellant care.
Ill be thinking of you and your oh at this time, I so hope a miracle can happen but if its her time to go to the bridge then im certain it will be peaceful with cuddles from you.
So many hugs for you and give trev some noserubz from me xxxxxx

Oompa-Loompa
07-08-2012, 03:23 PM
So dreadfully sorry to hear that Trevor is so unwell, sat here in tears :cry: Hoping and praying with all my heart that she can be saved as she clearly loves her life with you so much...sending massive vibes for the little fighter and hugs for you xxx You're doing all you can and you really inspire me *hugs*

Mackers
07-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Oh Liz that's so sad. Poor Trevor :cry:. I'm sending as many (((((vibes))))) as I can muster. Really hope the injection helps her but know that you'll do whatever is in her best interests.

Crunchie
07-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Reading this thread is just so heart breaking, I really hope she picks up at home. :cry:

hellsdarkrose
07-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Loads of vibes for her

suzibunbun
07-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Liz, you are an absolute inspiration - you have given your life to help the poor little bunnies in your care whom others have abandoned, damaged or just stopped loving - if there were more people like you the world would be a much nicer place. There have been so many amazing bunnies at RR whose stories we have followed - too many to mention - but many of us know that you have always done your best for each and every one. I for one am devastated about Trevor, I fell in love with this little girl's plight and have followed her. I am devastated she may be leaving us but I know you have gone above and beyond for this broken little girl and have loved her. You have a lot of friends and supporters for the amazing work you do - don't let a few spoil it and make you feel down, they are in the minority. Sending love and hugs xx

BB Mommy
07-08-2012, 05:53 PM
I'm sorry to hear Trevor isn't doing well:cry: You must be gutted for her.

I hope the diuretics help her and that her condition can be bought under control with heart meds.

Loads of vibes for Trevor x

Fluffers
07-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Thinking of you at this very sad time Liz :( I have followed Trevors story and I know how much effort, time, love, care and support you have given her.

Sending gentle nose rubs vibes for little Trevor xx

bunny babe
07-08-2012, 06:17 PM
You are amazing with Trevor (and all your other bunnies). Sending Trevor lots of vibes, I hope the meds help her. Hugs to you Liz x

MimzMum
07-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Just want to add some hugs here and more vibes for Trevor.
I hope she is improving today.
Please know that I am thinking of you and this amazing wee bun. Bless. xx

bunny mad lisa
07-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Liz, you are an absolute inspiration - you have given your life to help the poor little bunnies in your care whom others have abandoned, damaged or just stopped loving - if there were more people like you the world would be a much nicer place. There have been so many amazing bunnies at RR whose stories we have followed - too many to mention - but many of us know that you have always done your best for each and every one. I for one am devastated about Trevor, I fell in love with this little girl's plight and have followed her. I am devastated she may be leaving us but I know you have gone above and beyond for this broken little girl and have loved her. You have a lot of friends and supporters for the amazing work you do - don't let a few spoil it and make you feel down, they are in the minority. Sending love and hugs xx

I couldn't agree more! The rabbit world is a better place for you being in it!

tiger_lily
07-08-2012, 08:04 PM
I am so so sorry to read this, reading Trevor's story has really captured my heart and I am praying for a miracle for her.

Massive hugs for you Liz, thinking of you at this awful time x

joey&bugys 2007
07-08-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this Liz :cry:

My thoughts are with you xx

barbara forster
08-08-2012, 12:59 AM
I am so very sorry to be reading this. :(:( I really hope the meds work and that Trevor gets to spend some more special time with you Liz. x

Jack's-Jane
08-08-2012, 06:32 AM
I hope that Trevor is doing better this morning.

It is completely impossible for any of us to say what is right or wrong with regards to treatment as every single Rabbit's condition is unique to that specific Rabbit.

There is a world of difference between a fully able bodied Rabbit in Heart Failure and a severely disabled Rabbit in Heart Failure. To compare the two is like trying to compare chalk and cheese.

It is so hard to care for a Rabbit who's spirit is strong but who's body is broken, either inside or out and in Trevor's case both. Sometimes letting go is the right thing for us to do and the only people in a position to make that judgement are those immediately involved in the Rabbit's care.

Kermit
08-08-2012, 06:45 AM
Oh no :(

I have just logged on from being on holiday and this is a rotten thing to see, poor wee soul.

Only you and Trevor know what is best for her. Hugs for you both x

Gemmapookie
08-08-2012, 07:02 AM

It is completely impossible for any of us to say what is right or wrong with regards to treatment as every single Rabbit's condition is unique to that specific Rabbit.

There is a world of difference between a fully able bodied Rabbit in Heart Failure and a severely disabled Rabbit in Heart Failure. To compare the two is like trying to compare chalk and cheese.

It is so hard to care for a Rabbit who's spirit is strong but who's body is broken, either inside or out and in Trevor's case both. Sometimes letting go is the right thing for us to do and the only people in a position to make that judgement are those immediately involved in the Rabbit's care.

This exactly ^^^^^^ Im very surprised and saddened that certain people are being so insensitive at such a horrible time :?

Liz we all KNOW that you will make the right decision for Trevor. Sending loads and loads of vibes for your beautiful and incredibly special girl, she has the whole of RU rooting for her xxx

suzibunbun
08-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Thinking of you and little Miss Trevor this morning - xxx

Sky-O
08-08-2012, 08:06 AM

Jane says a lot of stuff that makes great sense, but I just love this post. It's totally, totally true. I wish there was a 'like' function on here.

Having dealt with all Hay Monster went through I feel that in a lot of ways Trevor is similar, which, Liz, gives me so much sympathy for you and Trevor and all she is going through.

Whatever you decide will be the right thing for her. You have my full support.

susie bun
08-08-2012, 08:08 AM
Thinking of you and the special little lady. xxx

Oompa-Loompa
08-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Still praying for you, I hope little Trevor is doing better this morning xxx

Bunny Buddy
08-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Thinking of you this morning, especially knowing full well you haven't had chance to recharge your batteries since losing Humphrey.

You will make the right decision, even if it tears you apart doing so.

Zahirre
08-08-2012, 09:23 AM
I'm so very sorry Liz :(

I really hope she does improve so she can enjoy some extra time with her new bunny friends! I have everything crossed for you over this way.

Please try to gloss over any posts which upset you, you have a lot of support and love from so many members on here and we are all rooting for little Trevor and will of course know that any decision you come to will be for very good reasons.

Lots of hugs for you and lots of nose rubs and vibes for Trevor xxx

helen01
08-08-2012, 09:28 AM
So sorry, I have really enjoyed reading her posts and seeing Trevor enjoy her new life with you:love:

Only you and the vet know when the time is right, you can sense when an animal has had enough and that is the time to let them go. You will make the right choice and I'm thinking of you when that time comes. I hope the meds help her though:thumb:

Captain Helen
08-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Oh no :cry: Sending lots of vibes for Trevor and hugs for you xx

Tuckerbunnies
08-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Oh no poor Trevor :(

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Mrs. Bunnykins
08-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Wish a miracle could be performed for little Trevor. But they cant.:cry::cry:

For today I know she is safe, warm and much loved. And of course.......happy!

Hoping she is still with us tomorrow.

Trevor..............:love::love:

Cari
08-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Thinking of you both this morning.
Be strong and brave Liz and Trevor.

:love: :love:

MimzMum
08-08-2012, 10:53 AM
I think Jane and Sky-O made great points. I hope my first reaction wasn't taken as criticism...I was just so shocked and sad for you and Trevor. :(
Thinking of you all and sending hugs. Whatever is best for Trevor I know you are doing. Thank you for all you do for all your bunnies.
Prayers still going for you. xx

sparklefairy
08-08-2012, 12:07 PM
I don't know what to say :cry: I read this yesterday and couldn't find the words. Been thinking of you and little Trevor all night. I am heartbroken for you. We have all taken Trevor into our hearts and are praying, wishing and hoping for her.

Trevor is such a specail little girl and you have done wonders for her. In every single picture and video she looks so happy and content. I know that what ever you do, it will be in her best interests, even if it breaks your heart :(

I am hoping for a miracle so that she can stay with you and her bunny friends for longer.

Thinking of you (((hugs)))

Xxx

megansmummy
08-08-2012, 12:08 PM
So many thoughts coming your way xxxxx

HoneyBear
08-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Thinking of you and little Trevor, her story really touched me and have been following it on here.
Only YOU know Trevor and YOU know whats best for her, even if that is to set her free.
Good luck and be strong :)

emileemason
08-08-2012, 01:01 PM
So sorry to hear this, i do hope Trevor manages to recover, but only you will be able to tell when enough is enough, not anyone else, and you will see it in her..
You have given her so much happiness, compassion and love, you should be proud of yourself for doing all you have.

bunny babe
08-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Still thinking of you and Trevor xxx

natsusakura
08-08-2012, 05:22 PM
How is things today? I haven't stopped thinking of yous all night xxxx

Mackers
08-08-2012, 05:23 PM
I was just thinking the same thing. How's it going Liz?

Oompa-Loompa
08-08-2012, 05:29 PM
I saw a Facebook update saying that Trevor has been given more meds, so things must be going ok :wave:

Tatihou
08-08-2012, 07:32 PM
I click each visit to see if there's an update. I don't use FB but may have to start...

KarenM
08-08-2012, 08:00 PM
I've been in contact with Liz by text throughout the day; I told her about the support on here for her and she asked me to thank you all for your lovely words. :love:

Today wasn't Trevor's time, so they are taking it an hour at a time with her & for now Trevor is happy. :D Trevor is now on frusol in addition to the meds Liz was already given for her & they didn't need to stress Trevor with a visit to the vet. Liz is hopeful that Trevor will have at least a few more days to spend with her bunny friends and I hope so too. :love:

ripminnie
08-08-2012, 08:11 PM
I've been in contact with Liz by text throughout the day; I told her about the support on here for her and she asked me to thank you all for your lovely words. :love:

Today wasn't Trevor's time, so they are taking it an hour at a time with her & for now Trevor is happy. :D Trevor is now on frusol in addition to the meds Liz was already given for her & they didn't need to stress Trevor with a visit to the vet. Liz is hopeful that Trevor will have at least a few more days to spend with her bunny friends and I hope so too. :love:

Aww that's good news :) sending more mega vibes for little Trevor and hugs for Liz x

Rhianna
08-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Sending more vibes for Trevor and really hope that she gets more time to spend with her new friends just enjoying being a bunny.

bunny babe
08-08-2012, 08:33 PM
More vibes from me too x

Mackers
08-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Thank you for the update and sending lots more (((vibes))) for brave Trevor. Thinking of you all.

Oompa-Loompa
08-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Sending tons of vibes for Trevor xxx

Nikki26
08-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Lots of vibes for Trevor, I hope she has many more days with her friends.
xx

Bluesmum
08-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Will be thinking of you all....hope you can pull another miracle out of the bag for her Liz :love:

MimzMum
08-08-2012, 09:41 PM
God bless Trevor, I'm sending vibes and prayers for her and her bunny friends.
Liz, huge hugs for you. ((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))) You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care of yourself. xx

natsusakura
08-08-2012, 10:16 PM
More vibes and hugs from me xxx

Captain Helen
08-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Sending lots more vibes for Trevor xx

Tatihou
09-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Liz is hopeful that Trevor will have at least a few more days to spend with her bunny friends and I hope so too. :love:I'm so pleased. Best wishes to Liz and Trevor. :thumb:

tiger_lily
09-08-2012, 09:14 AM
I've been checking this thread whenever I can for an update, I hope Trevor has lots many more days filled with happiness and love and friends :love::love:

LaraFarah
09-08-2012, 09:48 AM
I don't know you as I am an unregular poster but I alway looked forward to seeing all of Trevor's threads.

She is a wee stunner :love: and a brave little thing. She is so extremely lucky to have you on her journey. I know no matter how long or short the journey might be, with you and Dave (I think that is right?), she will be loved and happy every step of the way.

Sending vibes to Trevor.

KateB
09-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Sending more vibes from here for Trevor, and hugs/nose rubs etc to all her friends

Hugo's There
09-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Firstly a massive massive thank you to everyone who has posted such lovely messages. It is totally unexpected and overwhelming.

Trevor is not having such a great day. On top of everything else she has to deal with her hormones have kicked in and she is frantically nest building, which is leaving her exhausted and struggling for breath. At one point this morning we watched her collapsed on the floor and thought this can't go on. So I lay on the floor with her and stroked her and asked her what she wanted, praying that her morning meds would kick in, and she perked right up :D Still not breathing as well as yesterday, and we are taking each hour at a time, but she is OK for now :love: Something else our poor girl has to deal with because a human let her down.

There have been some people who have been very vocal in their criticism of us not doing enough for Trevor both here and else where. Firstly I find it hard to believe that anyone would think we would give up on a bunny we have worked so hard with and is so completely precious and secondly I thought that people would know me well enough from everything I have posted over the years to realise that if something needs doing for a bunny we are obviously going to be doing it regardless of whether we post that we are doing it publicly! and thirdly that when I say Trevor is doing well it doesn't compare to a healthy rabbit doing well, it is all relative to Trevors situation

The following is certainly not for praise, I am embarrassed enough already :oops:, but for those that don't seem to to have grasped the reality of the situation, this is what we are doing for Trevor -

Every day normally twice a day we do leg exercises and other physio

I spend so much of my time on my knees helping her walk, because it makes her happy, through out the day I have taken the skin off the top of my feet

I have made her a sling so she can binky like a normal rabbit

We have professionals come to the house sometimes twice weekly to help Trevor walk again

I have given her bunny friends

I help her go to the toilet through out the day

I bum bath and blow dry her at least once a day - which is now seriously affecting her breathing :(

In between baths I wash her with a flannel.

I constantly pick up all the buns poo so that she doesn't drag herself through it and get it stuck to her body

I check her every 30 mins through the day for fly strike

I pop my head in every 10 minutes to make to make sure she hasn't fallen

I she falls I pick her up

I bath and cream her sores 3 times a day

I give her pain relief twice a day

I rub the cramps from her legs when they hurt her

I clean her ears and scratch them for her cos she can't

I brush the bits of her she can't groom herself

I lay on the floor and give her head rubs because a bunny can never have enough

I got her straight back on antibiotics the minute her breathing altered

I got her x-rayed and diagnosed as soon as we realised the antibiotics weren't working

We got her the right medicines the same day - including heart meds, but the vet didn't give us any as we already had a supply here thats why it wasn't mentioned in the OP!

We spoke to the vets the next day to get more diuretics for Trevor without her having to go through the stress of another vet visit as we feel she is doing ok at home for now

We get excited with her when she does well

We cry for her when things go wrong

We lay awake and worry about her

And most importantly we will let her go the moment before she becomes distressed despite the fact that we personally want to keep hold of her forever and would do anything, anything at all to make her whole again.

I can't believe many people can say they have done that much for a bunny and I really hope no-one has to because it means there is another poor little bunny in the world who is having to fight the same battles Trevor has to, probably because there are some horrible people out there :(

helen01
09-08-2012, 03:49 PM
**Hugs** to both you and Trevor. You cannot do anymore than what you are doing and you really shouldn't have to justify what you are doing for her. I firmly believe there's a fine line between doing all you can to help and prolonging suffering and I know that you will know when one has crossed into the other. Its a horrible decision to have to make without anyone making you feel bad for it.

Good luck little Trevor you are a very loved little bunny:love::love:

Hugo's There
09-08-2012, 03:51 PM
**Hugs** to both you and Trevor. You cannot do anymore than what you are doing and you really shouldn't have to justify what you are doing for her. I firmly believe there's a fine line between doing all you can to help and prolonging suffering and I know that you will know when one has crossed into the other. Its a horrible decision to have to make without anyone making you feel bad for it.

Good luck little Trevor you are a very loved little bunny:love::love:

Ooh I never thought of it as justifying myself! I wasn't being defensive just being informative as some people seem to need that :D

Thank you x

GrahamL
09-08-2012, 03:52 PM
She's in the best place for her. She loves life, that much is clear.

She'll fight for every day, with you fighting alongside.

She'll tell you when the time is right, that time, obviously isn't now :love:

Piggiesgalore
09-08-2012, 04:06 PM
She's in the best place for her. She loves life, that much is clear.

She'll fight for every day, with you fighting alongside.

She'll tell you when the time is right, that time, obviously isn't now :love:

Gray's post sums it up for me. Sending you all huge hugs and thank you so much for showing this special girl what true love and devotion and being a bunny is all about.:love:

Zahirre
09-08-2012, 04:10 PM
I really, truly admire every thing you do for all of your bunnies Liz and I think you are doing wonderful!

You know your buns and you certainly know what they need. It's wonderful that you felt able to update today and I'm so happy to read that Trevor is still fighting on.

I have a feeling I know who may be saying things and in all honesty Liz, I think that you need to try to ignore as much as you can. Many of us here on RU are fully behind you and support you 100% in everything you do with your buns.

Lots of love and hugs to you and Trevor xxx

Jaysmonkey
09-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Oh Liz, you are an angel. You are an inspiration and I cannot see how anyone can have a single bad word to say about you and anything you do, the bunnies in your care live an exceptionally wonderful life and little Trevor could not be in a better place. People who feel a need to pick holes or criticise really aren't worth the effort, you and the bunnies are all that matters and you have the support of so many of us here.

Lots of hugs to all of you xxx

xlaurax
09-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Big vibes to Trevor but tonnes of hugs to you too cos you're such an inspiration :love:

Trevor seems to be loving the fulfilling life you're providing her with. I'm sure you'll know when she's ready, and I'm sure that's not yet.

Stay strong gorgeous bunny your mummy loves you millions :love:

Hugo's There
09-08-2012, 04:58 PM
I really, truly admire every thing you do for all of your bunnies Liz and I think you are doing wonderful!

You know your buns and you certainly know what they need. It's wonderful that you felt able to update today and I'm so happy to read that Trevor is still fighting on.

I have a feeling I know who may be saying things and in all honesty Liz, I think that you need to try to ignore as much as you can. Many of us here on RU are fully behind you and support you 100% in everything you do with your buns.

Lots of love and hugs to you and Trevor xxx

I like to think they didn't fully appreciate what we do here, after all it would be crazy to imply that a place specifically set up for seriously sick bunnies would sit back, cross their arms and say that's that then, when a bunny got ill! Hopefully the extra info will help them realise their mistake :D

Ironically when Trevor arrived here we always thought there would be controversy over her care, but we thought we would have people telling us that it was cruel to keep a paralysed bunny alive, not for one minute that we weren't doing enough for her! So maybe we should be grateful that there are people out there who have never met Trevor but are so passionate about her welfare and in return maybe they can appreciate how upsetting it is for us to see Trevor like this as her primary carers :love:

susie bun
09-08-2012, 05:07 PM
There's nobody who will know as well as you when the time has come for precious little Trevor. :thumb: You do so much for her, it is virtually a miracle that she has rallied and enjoyed life so much after such an awful start.

Sending noserubs to her and her friends, and hugs for you - you must be exhausted! xxx

Hugo's There
09-08-2012, 05:09 PM
There's nobody who will know as well as you when the time has come for precious little Trevor. :thumb: You do so much for her, it is virtually a miracle that she has rallied and enjoyed life so much after such an awful start.

Sending noserubs to her and her friends, and hugs for you - you must be exhausted! xxx

I know people are posting embarrassing things like being an inspiration, but you are right I have never felt further from being an inspiration, I am completely knackere, nothing else! :lol:

susie bun
09-08-2012, 05:12 PM
I know people are posting embarrassing things like being an inspiration, but you are right I have never felt further from being an inspiration, I am completely knackere, nothing else! :lol:

I hope you have a good stock of diet coke and chocolate in. ;)

Hugo's There
09-08-2012, 05:21 PM
I hope you have a good stock of diet coke and chocolate in. ;)

Just eaten my second jam doughnut of the day and have had a good few glasses of coke :D You know me too well!

Rhianna
09-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Sending more vibes for this special little girl who has won so many hearts:love:

susie bun
09-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Just eaten my second jam doughnut of the day and have had a good few glasses of coke :D You know me too well!

:thumb: xx

Hugo's There
09-08-2012, 05:54 PM
:( Poor Trevor has gone frantic with the nest building again. She was pulling her fur out of her own legs with such force she was going over on her back and getting stuck :cry:

I have given her a huge wedge of hay in her mouth so she can't hurt herself.

How long does the nest building normally last?

Sky-O
09-08-2012, 06:07 PM
:( Poor Trevor has gone frantic with the nest building again. She was pulling her fur out of her own legs with such force she was going over on her back and getting stuck :cry:

I have given her a huge wedge of hay in her mouth so she can't hurt herself.

How long does the nest building normally last?

Really that depends on why Liz. Stress can do it, which can mean it is a bit hit and miss. A pseudo pregnancy, depending on what caused it (just hormones, smelling a male, etc) can vary from a few hours to simulating a real pregnancy and that can mean it can last, in the fur plucking stage, a few days, but you may find she lactates and stuff too.

Hugo's There
09-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Really that depends on why Liz. Stress can do it, which can mean it is a bit hit and miss. A pseudo pregnancy, depending on what caused it (just hormones, smelling a male, etc) can vary from a few hours to simulating a real pregnancy and that can mean it can last, in the fur plucking stage, a few days, but you may find she lactates and stuff too.

I was hoping for 24 hours :? I think it is hormones as since she has bonded she has definitely had a bit of a thing for Bobbi but given her disability it hasn't come to much.

At least if she has hay in her mouth she can't keep self harming her chest and the sores are looking better today....

Zahirre
09-08-2012, 07:18 PM
I like to think they didn't fully appreciate what we do here, after all it would be crazy to imply that a place specifically set up for seriously sick bunnies would sit back, cross their arms and say that's that then, when a bunny got ill! Hopefully the extra info will help them realise their mistake :D

Ironically when Trevor arrived here we always thought there would be controversy over her care, but we thought we would have people telling us that it was cruel to keep a paralysed bunny alive, not for one minute that we weren't doing enough for her! So maybe we should be grateful that there are people out there who have never met Trevor but are so passionate about her welfare and in return maybe they can appreciate how upsetting it is for us to see Trevor like this as her primary carers :love:

There are always people out there who think they can do better :roll: I'd like to see them try! I pressume that's why they've been whinging on that you're not doing enough!

I hope Trevor's next building doesn't go on for too long :( No wonder you're so knackered, I seriously don't know how you do it!

I shall keep popping back to see how Trevor is doing, but...

any chance of some sneeky piccies? I know you're tired but ya'know... I think we deserve to see her for all these vibes we're sending! :lol:

(when you can squeeze in the time, of course ;) )

Lots of hugs for you and noserubs for little Trevor xxx

Pebblesetc
09-08-2012, 07:43 PM
you're doing so much for this little girl, it's amazing. I honestly don't know how anyone could ever think you aren't doing enough! sending lots of vibes for Trevor, I hope her health improves / remains stable, and that her nesting stops. xoxo

Hugo's There
09-08-2012, 08:05 PM
There are always people out there who think they can do better :roll: I'd like to see them try! I pressume that's why they've been whinging on that you're not doing enough!

I hope Trevor's next building doesn't go on for too long :( No wonder you're so knackered, I seriously don't know how you do it!

I shall keep popping back to see how Trevor is doing, but...

any chance of some sneeky piccies? I know you're tired but ya'know... I think we deserve to see her for all these vibes we're sending! :lol:

(when you can squeeze in the time, of course ;) )

Lots of hugs for you and noserubs for little Trevor xxx

These are the latest 2 pics taken last week

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/rainbow%20buns/P1030202.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/rainbow%20buns/P1030193.jpg

There are also these videos taken about 10 days ago. If you are squeamish don't listen with the sound on as we were watching a documentary about some nasty murders and you can here the commentary :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6-FYvODL38&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNOW7h2Rsro&feature=plcp

And this one was taken on saturday which is when she started her antibiotics as you can see her breathing is not quite right, but it is much worse now :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ouoe8moSOyw&feature=plcp

bunny babe
09-08-2012, 08:21 PM
:love::love::love: She is so gorgeous and looks so content with the other buns. I hope she can be with you for some time yet as you are doing everything possible to make her happy and know what love is xxx

Captain Helen
09-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Awwww! :love: I can't tell where one bunny ends and the next begins! :lol:

susie bun
09-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Love the bunny pile-up pics! :love:

Continuing vibes for Trevor. xx

Hugo's There
09-08-2012, 09:09 PM

She went through another fur pulling phase but seems happy pottering around the house with the others at the moment :love: I love it when all the other buns have gone to bed and I can open all the baby gates for them and let them have the whole house :D Well except for all the poop I have to collect before bed!

Mattie_G
09-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Continuing vibes for you and Trevor x x.

MimzMum
10-08-2012, 01:08 AM
I just finished reading your post about Trevor's daily needs that you attend so diligently. :shock:
You know, in the two months that Mimzy has been sick with headtilt, I've had what I thought were some challenges...but nothing I would ever consider to be like what you face every day and that's just Trevor...add to that all the other desperately ill bunnies you also need to care for and the list grows exponentially.
I have been so tired and feeling pretty sorry for myself lately...but no more.
If I ever think I'm going to climb onto my pity pot again all I have to do is go back and check your list. :)
You are an awesome bunny carer, Liz. I doff my cap to you. I could never imagine doing what you do each day. But that's also part of what makes each moment with your bunnies so precious.
Bless you. xx You deserve our respect and every drop of love your bunnies give you.
((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))

I hope Trevor's hormones calm down. Sweet little girl...sending ((((((((((((megahealingvibes)))))))))))))) for all her troubles. And ((((((((((((((((extra energy)))))))))))))) vibes for you! :love:

natsusakura
10-08-2012, 02:31 AM
You need a rest. You do so much work.
~~hugs~~
It makes me have a little faith in humanity knowing there are people as caring as you out there. Especially after all the bad thats happened to her.
xxxxx

Kermit
10-08-2012, 07:10 AM
Well I personally think that Trevor has a super bunny mummy in you and I am sure that you are doing all that you can to help her.

I understand slightly how hard it is caring for such a sick bunny. I have cared for Kermit, then Inca, but that is just one bunny at a time!

Tracy
10-08-2012, 07:26 AM
You are doing an absolutely fantastic job Liz.

The photos are gorgeous. Tevor looks so happy and content with her friends. :love: I hope her fur pulling subsides very soon and she remains a happy bunny for a good while to come.

You and Trevor are in my thoughts. xx

Tatihou
10-08-2012, 08:48 AM
I can't really express this properly but...

...for every evil rotter (saves the wordcensor waking up) there are the good samaritans who care enough to remove the Trevors from their tormentors, there are the people who take the Trevors in, there are the Liz's who leave no possibility unexplored in their attempts to make better what man has damaged. It highlights that there humanity has more good people than bad. Yes, it would be good if there were no bad people but there are and they are more than balanced out by the good and caring and compassionate people.

But sometimes it must be heartbreaking to be one of those good people.

Not worded very well but I've got to go and take the dog to the vets for his MOT...

Zahirre
10-08-2012, 09:11 AM
I can't really express this properly but...

...for every evil rotter (saves the wordcensor waking up) there are the good samaritans who care enough to remove the Trevors from their tormentors, there are the people who take the Trevors in, there are the Liz's who leave no possibility unexplored in their attempts to make better what man has damaged. It highlights that there humanity has more good people than bad. Yes, it would be good if there were no bad people but there are and they are more than balanced out by the good and caring and compassionate people.

But sometimes it must be heartbreaking to be one of those good people.

Not worded very well but I've got to go and take the dog to the vets for his MOT...

I think this is a lovely post :love:

Thank you so much for the piccies and the videos Liz!!!! Trevor is just blooming gorgeous!!! And don't worry... I turned the volume down ;) haha!

Captain_Helen is right, you can't tell where one fluffy bunny ends and the other begins! She looks so happy and content with her bunny friends :love:

Thank goodness for people like you Liz! xx

Hugo's There
10-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Thanks everyone :oops:

Trevor has stopped the nest building but is still buzzing after Bobbi and pulling some of Bobbi's fur out - she is not impressed!

But I guess I should be grateful Trevor has the energy to do it :D

I thought it was so lovely that Esther, Trevor's physio vet text me this morning to see how she is getting on :love: She replied - She's got too much zest for life to be knocked back - which is so true :D

It is lovely to think there are so many people behind Trevor, willing her to keep happy:love:

natsusakura
10-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Hopefully her wee body can get a bit of a rest today then.
Its amazing she still has the energy that she has :) she's clearly a wee fighter xxxxx

esupi
10-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Still thinking of Trevor and glad to see more updates.
Fingers crossed for continuing improvement.

Hugo's There
10-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Hopefully her wee body can get a bit of a rest today then.
Its amazing she still has the energy that she has :) she's clearly a wee fighter xxxxx

I wish. She is bombing about so fast I had to put her on my lap to try to calm her down and I am not joking - she jumped off :shock: Thankfully i managed to catch the back end of her as she went down so she had a better landing!

bunny babe
10-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Thanks everyone :oops:

Trevor has stopped the nest building but is still buzzing after Bobbi and pulling some of Bobbi's fur out - she is not impressed!

But I guess I should be grateful Trevor has the energy to do it :D

I thought it was so lovely that Esther, Trevor's physio vet text me this morning to see how she is getting on :love: She replied - She's got too much zest for life to be knocked back - which is so true :D

It is lovely to think there are so many people behind Trevor, willing her to keep happy:love:

Aw, how lovely of her. It is so true though. Trevor is showing so much spirit and could show us all a thing or two, amazing little girl :love:

Mrs. Bunnykins
10-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Reading the most recent updates on Trevor gladdens my heart.

What an incredible little darling she is. Such strength of character, tenacity and a remarkable amount of trust in us humans. Considering the cruelty that she suffered at the hands of some vile humans, she has immense capabilities for forgiveness to us as a species.

She is like a beacon of light. Not only other bunnies, but I also think for us humans.

There is a moral in her story.

She obviously doesn't know it.......................or does she?:love::love::love:

Kerryyyy
10-08-2012, 05:34 PM
You truly are an inspiration. :D.

Hugo's There
10-08-2012, 06:27 PM
You truly are an inspiration. :D.

Seriously I am not, I am shattered, sore, usually covered in wee and feel very old!

Trevor is the inspiration in this story. She really is amazing and we are just the people lucky enough to care for her :love::love:

Kerryyyy
10-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Seriously I am not, I am shattered, sore, usually covered in wee and feel very old!

Trevor is the inspiration in this story. She really is amazing and we are just the people lucky enough to care for her :love::love:

Maybe I should rephrase that. You and Trevor are inspirations.

You are both lucky to have each other.

Hugo's There
10-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Well trevor has been bombing about most of the day, so I am very happy :D:D:love:

Thank you for everyones thoughts and prayers I think they are working at the moment :D

Tatihou
10-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Good news. :thumb:

I haven't dared tell my mother about Trevor's latest health challenges - when ma phones and enquires about the health of all our animals she also asks me for an update on Trevor now. :love:

barbara forster
11-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Ah bless, Thats very heartwarming news. Well done to you and Trevor xx

Hugo's There
11-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Good news. :thumb:

I haven't dared tell my mother about Trevor's latest health challenges - when ma phones and enquires about the health of all our animals she also asks me for an update on Trevor now. :love:

Your Mother is so lovely :love:

Today it is hard to believe that Trevor is the same rabbit who lay collapsed, blue and mouth breathing on the table Tuesday! She is so bright :D

I am still completely in agreement with Sarah that if Trevor had been the same 24 hours later then we have had to make a horrible decision, but thankfully Trevor doesn't know the meaning of giving up :D

She still struggles with her breathing when she is handled for meds and when she is bum bathed. The diuretics means she is getting wetter underneath so the bathing is now more frequent and I have also had to shave her lady garden and put cream on her skin as it was getting red :( So these are all things we need to take into consideration when considering her quality of life,. But today looks like its going to be another good day :D:D

I took a funny little video clip of her last night, will try to find time to upload it later x

Mrs. Bunnykins
11-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Today is a good day for Trevor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaay.:D:D:love::love:

Bless her little heart. xxxxxxxxxx

susie bun
11-08-2012, 12:37 PM
So pleased Trevor is having a good day. :D

I am starting to find it difficult to think of Trevor as a boy's name now. :lol:

Hugo's There
11-08-2012, 12:51 PM
So pleased Trevor is having a good day. :D

I am starting to find it difficult to think of Trevor as a boy's name now. :lol:

Me too! My neighbour invited me round this morning as they have bought some rats. One of them is called Trevor and I had to stop myself say - but thats a girls name :oops:

bunny babe
11-08-2012, 01:22 PM
So pleased she is having another good day :love:

natsusakura
11-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Glad to hear she's having such a good day :) xxxx

Hugo's There
11-08-2012, 02:38 PM
I can't believe it. She was so bright in the house we popped her out in the garden to practice her walking and I think it is some of the best she has every done :shock: :D:D

I am just so grateful to Sarah who does her acupuncture for spending so long helping Trevor Tuesday and getting to the bottom of her problems. I swear if she hadn't Trevor would be dead by now. At the end of the day Sarah isn't Trevors vet or even part of our vets practice so she needn't have done anything for her, but instead she spent a whole hour, twice the length of an acupuncture session doing tests etc and got no payment for it as all the costs would have gone to the surgery :love:

Tuckerbunnies
11-08-2012, 02:40 PM
So glad she is having a good day today Bless her

Hoping she has many more good days xxxxx

Rhianna
11-08-2012, 02:44 PM
So glad to read your update. Trevor is an inspiration to us all.

May she have many, many more good days with you and her bunny friends. xxxxx

bunnymadhouse
11-08-2012, 02:48 PM
great news :D

KarenM
11-08-2012, 03:37 PM
:love::love: I'm glad to hear that Trevor is doing well. :D Sarah sounds lovely. :love:

Tatihou
11-08-2012, 03:50 PM
I can't believe it. She was so bright in the house we popped her out in the garden to practice her walking and I think it is some of the best she has every done :shock: :D:D Because of her health problems (well, other health problems) has she been doing a bit less with her legs and is it possible that a bit of a rest has done her good and given her little bod time to sort of consolidate all the stimulation it has received?

When I was a keen gym-goer -\:shock:/- Monday mornings used to be when I did my best times and distances - probably because I'd had at least 2 days off. But then, little Trevor legs are probably a bit different to mine... :p

As has been said before: Go Trevor !!

Mrs. Bunnykins
11-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Excellent news!!!!!

Come on Trevor........................:love::love::love:.

May the power of RU help keep you going for much, much longer!!!:thumb::D:D

susie bun
11-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Bless her, and all involved in her care and happiness! :love::thumb:

Hugo's There
11-08-2012, 05:57 PM
:love::love: I'm glad to hear that Trevor is doing well. :D Sarah sounds lovely. :love:

Sarah really is, she has made sure that our vets know how special and happy Trevor is :love: and Esther the physio vet has also been amazing. She texts to see how Trevor is and we met up with her on Friday to discuss what is happening with Trevor and she says she is still really positive for Trevor and wants to continue her physio sessions :D

Oompa-Loompa
11-08-2012, 06:06 PM
So glad to hear that little Trevor is doing so well :love:

natsusakura
11-08-2012, 07:18 PM
:):love::love::love:

Hugo's There
11-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Some very short video clips of Trevor this afternoon :wave:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?351285-Trevor-practising-her-walking!&p=5503175#post5503175

Barn Yard Bunnies
11-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Wonderful news. :love:

Oompa-Loompa
11-08-2012, 08:42 PM
The clips made me smile so much :love: She looks so happy bless her :D

Zahirre
12-08-2012, 11:36 AM
YAY :D Go Trevor!!!!!!!!!

LOVING the latest updates!

Hugo's There
12-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Trevor is very tired today and didn't eat her breakfast :( I think she has just over done it and is eating her tea now :D

She has also gone very thin over night which I am thinking is a good thing as I am sure it was fluid building up in her abdomen so the diuretics are doing their job :D

susie bun
12-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Bless her.:love: I hope she continues to feel better after her rest. xx

Oompa-Loompa
12-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Aw, little darling :love: I really hope she continues to do well and improve. So in love with this girl :) :love:

natsusakura
12-08-2012, 07:22 PM
I hope she continues to improve! :) everyones hearts seem to have been stolen by Trevor :lol: xxxx

Tatihou
12-08-2012, 07:26 PM
So long as she's making good use of them... ;) 8)

joey&bugys 2007
12-08-2012, 07:31 PM
So pleased to see this update and the videos Liz :love::love:

I really admire how much work you and Steve put into your bunnies xx

tiger_lily
12-08-2012, 07:35 PM
So glad to hear that Trevor is feeling more positive, hopefully this special girl has plenty of fight in her yet :love::love:

natsusakura
13-08-2012, 01:53 PM
So how has trev been today? xxxx

Hugo's There
13-08-2012, 03:19 PM
So how has trev been today? xxxx

A royal pain in the bottom, do yes she is doing great thanks for asking!!

Oompa-Loompa
13-08-2012, 03:21 PM
A royal pain in the bottom, do yes she is doing great thanks for asking!!

:lol::thumb:

A norty bun is a happy bun so that sounds great!

natsusakura
13-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Haha :) sooo glad she's improving xxx

Hugo's There
13-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Bless her she has been vomiting this evening. I am sure she head butted the floor at one point poor thing!

Oompa-Loompa
13-08-2012, 09:25 PM
:shock: I didn't think bunnies could vomit?

Kavanne
13-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Bless her she has been vomiting this evening. I am sure she head butted the floor at one point poor thing!

Is this a typo?? I thought buns couldn't be sick? :(

Hugo's There
13-08-2012, 09:27 PM
I meant binky stupid spell check on phone!!

Oompa-Loompa
13-08-2012, 09:27 PM

:shock::lol::lol: Thank GOD, I was getting really worried!

Hugo's There
13-08-2012, 09:30 PM
:shock::lol::lol: Thank GOD, I was getting really worried!

If she was vomiting I wouldn't be posting on ru I would be half way to vets!

Kavanne
13-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Phew!!!!!

KarenM
13-08-2012, 09:32 PM

:oops::lol::lol::lol:

Phew, what an unfotunate typo! :lol: I'm glad she wasn't vomiting :mrgreen: and the binkies must have been impressive. :love:

IkkiN
13-08-2012, 09:34 PM
I've fallen in love with this beautiful bunny. :love: Trevor is gorgeous, such a little gem!
So pleased she continues to do well. :)

Hugo's There
13-08-2012, 09:39 PM
:oops::lol::lol::lol:

Phew, what an unfotunate typo! :lol: I'm glad she wasn't vomiting :mrgreen: and the binkies must have been impressive. :love:

I typed it right. It was the phone that has a mind of it's own!

Tatihou
13-08-2012, 11:08 PM
It would take more than predictive text to predict young Trevor... :love:

natsusakura
14-08-2012, 10:52 AM
This has got to be the best autocorrect typo I've seen. :lol:
her legs are getting so strong too! I was watching the Vids :)

Hugo's There
14-08-2012, 01:30 PM
This has got to be the best autocorrect typo I've seen. :lol:
her legs are getting so strong too! I was watching the Vids :)

I don't know why my phone picked vomiting as predictive text :lol:. Steve put binkying in his phone and it came back with pink ring :shock:

GrahamL
14-08-2012, 01:32 PM
I don't know why my phone picked vomiting as predictive text :lol:. Steve put binkying in his phone and it came back with pink ring :shock:

I don't want to know.

My phone has adaptive predictive text, which can be scary as it learns words as it grows, many time the wrong thing has come up that i have previously sent to say, my wife, then autocorrect has come up on a text to say, my mum! :shock:

I have to be VERY careful :lol:

susie bun
14-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Goodness, there seems no end to the confusions that arise from predictive text. I'd say that was why I don't use it, but it is a strong possibility that my ultra-basic phone doesn't have the facility. :lol:

Hugo's There
14-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Goodness, there seems no end to the confusions that arise from predictive text. I'd say that was why I don't use it, but it is a strong possibility that my ultra-basic phone doesn't have the facility. :lol:

Every time I send you a text about Onslow it puts in over flow :lol: The problem is my coordination is so bad if I didn't have it then every word would be unreadable so for me it is better to have than not, despite the odd confusion!

Gemmapookie
14-08-2012, 02:45 PM
:love::D

susie bun
14-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Every time I send you a text about Onslow it puts in over flow :lol: The problem is my coordination is so bad if I didn't have it then every word would be unreadable so for me it is better to have than not, despite the odd confusion!

:lol::love: Onslow :love:

Does it do anything with Spenser?

Hugo's There
14-08-2012, 03:05 PM
:lol::love: Onslow :love:

Does it do anything with Spenser?

No, it has always come up with the correct spelling:D. Bic always comes up as box and Shula as ship :roll:

Tuckerbunnies
14-08-2012, 03:11 PM
So glad to hear Trevor is doing well :D

Topping up the Vibes for this special girl xxxxx

xlaurax
14-08-2012, 03:21 PM
I don't want to know.

My phone has adaptive predictive text, which can be scary as it learns words as it grows, many time the wrong thing has come up that i have previously sent to say, my wife, then autocorrect has come up on a text to say, my mum! :shock:

I have to be VERY careful :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: been there! Mine's supposed to learn stuff but it comes out with some right random rubbish! For example, I typed "bunnybobs" once and it came up with "bad kebab" :shock: :? :shock: :lol:

natsusakura
15-08-2012, 12:07 AM
There's been some crackers from my Nokia lumia :lol:
Just wanted to send vibes and noserubs to Trevor xxxx

tiger_lily
15-08-2012, 07:55 AM

This is me too, I'm sure nearly half the letters I press are wrong!

Glad to hear about the Trevor binkies :love::love: How is the lovely brave lady this morning?

Hugo's There
15-08-2012, 11:09 AM
She is doing fine thank you :wave:

she is still rather hormonal, buzzing about the place! When we go for a check up next week I will see if we can do anything about that as it is a bit of a problem

GrahamL
15-08-2012, 11:11 AM
She is doing fine thank you :wave:

she is still rather hormonal, buzzing about the place! When we go for a check up next week I will see if we can do anything about that as it is a bit of a problem

I wonder Liz, is it possible for her to have the hormone injections? I think it was one of your other bunnies who has them?

I do love reading about Trevor. :love:

I'm sorry i dont post more often, i enjoy reading about her, but i find i never have anything to say, which i hope doesnt mean you think i and other people dont care.

Hugo's There
15-08-2012, 11:31 AM
I wonder Liz, is it possible for her to have the hormone injections? I think it was one of your other bunnies who has them?

I do love reading about Trevor. :love:

I'm sorry i dont post more often, i enjoy reading about her, but i find i never have anything to say, which i hope doesnt mean you think i and other people dont care.

I am wondering if the ferret implant might work for Trevor, it was something I was discussing with Vikki vet and have now seen it used else where on bunnies :?

And thank for reading about her, it is amazing how many people care about her :love: It is fine that you don't have anything to add, I post enough for everyone ;) :lol:

natsusakura
15-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Hope you can get something to calm her hormones, I never realised that animals can have implants just like us. Whereabouts would they put it?
Its great to hear she's still whizzing about though, I loved the video when she just disappeared so fast! xxxx

Hugo's There
19-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Trevor has been doing great these past few days despite the heat :D

Her hormones have died down for now, which is brilliant for everybun and I haven't heard her breathing rattle even at bath times for a few days.

She has a check up on Tuesday so am praying the short walk there doesn't knock her back too much so the vets can also see the improvement

The lounge group are such a lazy bunch she is more active than all of them put together :roll: :lol:

And if she has the stregth to climb on them all like this, than I am well happy :love:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?352037-Our-absolutely-crazy-nutty-lounge-bunnies

Tatihou
19-08-2012, 12:21 PM
She must be such a happy little soul at heart. :love: You really are giving her all she needs and it's so cheering to read about - and see - how she's doing.

Hugo's There
21-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Really happy today.

Trevor had her check up with the new vet (Juliet has left) and Laura is really pleased with her progress. Trevor coped very well with the trip and was wiggly on the table. Her breathing and heart both sounded ok

Laura was a little concerned about her self harming but tbh it has healed a lot from how it was..

We discussed her hormones and Laura is going to speak to a specialist about it as she doesn't have much experience of implants in bunnies and is worried it could affect Trevor a heart. But she is open minded about it and that's all we really wanted.

So yes, very happy today!

GrahamL
21-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Really happy today.

Trevor had her check up with the new vet (Juliet has left) and Laura is really pleased with her progress. Trevor coped very well with the trip and was wiggly on the table. Her breathing and heart both sounded ok

Laura was a little concerned about her self harming but tbh it has healed a lot from how it was..

We discussed her hormones and Laura is going to speak to a specialist about it as she doesn't have much experience of implants in bunnies and is worried it could affect Trevor a heart. But she is open minded about it and that's all we really wanted.

So yes, very happy today!

:thumb:

Good times.

Glad to hear you have a vet willing to listen and who is open-minded about treatments. I think thats so damn important!

susie bun
21-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Great news for Trevor and her Mummy! :thumb:

Hugo's There
21-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Great news for Trevor and her Mummy! :thumb:

And daddy. He took Trevor. I am once again glued to the bonding pen!

susie bun
21-08-2012, 11:40 AM
And daddy. He took Trevor. I am once again glued to the bonding pen!

:oops: Apologies to Daddy ... was just going to ask if romance was in the air today. :wave:

Hugo's There
21-08-2012, 11:53 AM
:oops: Apologies to Daddy ... was just going to ask if romance was in the air today. :wave:

I think romance would be pushing it. I would be happy with tolerance for today!

Oompa-Loompa
21-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Glad to hear that things are going well for little Trevor :D Also sending some bonding vibes your way xxx

kaths101
21-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Glad she is doing well, I'm also one that reads and runs a lot ...sorry.
But I do love hearing about Trevor and her escapades.

Who are you bonding?.

Hugo's There
21-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Glad she is doing well, I'm also one that reads and runs a lot ...sorry.
But I do love hearing about Trevor and her escapades.

Who are you bonding?.

Thank you.

Betsey and onslow, I knew there was a reason I had put it off for two months! Xx

kaths101
21-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Thank you.

Betsey and onslow, I knew there was a reason I had put it off for two months! Xx

:lol: oh dear!! Not love at first sight then! :lol:

bunny babe
21-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Great news about Trevor and good luck with the bonding.

tonibun
21-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Glad to hear she is ok.

natsusakura
21-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Glad to hear she's doing a lot better.
And bonding vibes being sent your way! Xxxxx

Hugo's There
21-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Thank you.

Also thank you to Kermit for sending us some citronella pouches which we have dotted around the lounge for Trevor and upstairs for shula. They seem to be keeping the flies away which is good for bunnies and means I can relax a little x

Hugo's There
24-08-2012, 01:14 PM
More fantastic news :D:D

Trevor has just had another home physio session. Originally I had cancelled it after her heart diagnosis as i never expected her to still be with us or if she was to be no way well enough to cope with it. But after discussing the situation with Esther last night we decided to give decided it a go and see how we all got on.

Trevor was brilliant :D She was as bright as anything and it took all three of us to keep her still for her light therapy, plus lots of unhealthy treats! :lol:

Despite me doing very little physio with her since the last session because of first her heart then her hormones Trevor's legs are much stronger. So Trevor has been working hard herself :love: I think her persistence towards Bobbi has given her the motivation to push herself that little bit harder!

We all agreed that Trevor is amazing, if not a little trying at times;) :love: :lol:

She is doing so well we aren't having another session for a month but Esther wants to be kept updated about Trevors progress and hormone treatment. Which I think is lovely.

I am hoping we soon re start her acupuncture sessions which stopped after she collapsed on the table last time

xlaurax
24-08-2012, 01:33 PM
That sounds great :love:

Always lovely to hear good news, especially about your special little girl :love:

tiger_lily
24-08-2012, 02:21 PM
What a beautiful, brave and special girl :) I'm so glad she's going from strength to strength, she's a real inspiration :love::love:

hellsdarkrose
24-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Fab news my mum is always asking how Trevor is because she sees me commenting on Facebook. She would also like me to let you know she loves Dave :love:

bunny babe
24-08-2012, 04:36 PM
That's great news to hear how well she is doing. I bet she made the most of the naughty treats ;)

lolabun
24-08-2012, 05:21 PM
It's so great to hear she's doing well!

Please keep us posted! :love:

KarenM
24-08-2012, 09:04 PM
That's great news, Liz. :D It's hard to believe this is the same bunny that was so unwell just a short while ago. I'm so pleased for her. :love:

Jenova
25-08-2012, 06:24 PM
:love::love::love::love::love:

Hugo's There
25-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Aaaawww thanks :D

I think we have spent most of the day alternating between telling her off and laughing at her :lol::lol: So a normal bunny!!

She has now decided that she can dig with her front legs. She has spent part of the day digging and biting the door curtain, followed by sitting there with the curtain over her head and us in hysterics as she moves her head :lol::lol:

She is going to be an absolute nightmare when she gets back on her feet! I can't wait :love::love: :lol:

weeble
25-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Great news you do such an amazing and compassionate job and have a fantastic helper/chauffeur in Steve you guys make the world a better place with your selflessness :D

bunny babe
26-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Great news you do such an amazing and compassionate job and have a fantastic helper/chauffeur in Steve you guys make the world a better place with your selflessness :D

Could not agree more :love: