• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trevor has gone into heart failure, / great news p212

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:cry::cry::cry:

I have been so worried about her over the weekend, she is still enjoying life but I knew something was seriously wrong.

She was started back on antibiotics and yesterday seemed better but today her breathing was much worse. We sent her for acupuncture as normal as we knew Sarah would give her a proper check up and she was really concerned so took conscious x-rays and her heart is enlarged and her lungs full of fluid :cry: The stress of the short journey to the vets had made Trevor 100 times worse and she could barely breathe and was a bad colour. Sarah said as Trevor was in front of her, her quality of life is not acceptable :cry:

As she is a bit better at home and so happy living with her friends we have brought her home to see if the diuretic injections help her. She is back at the vets tomorrow morning and if she hasn't improved she will be pts :cry::cry:

So many of us have worked so hard to support Trevor and get her back on her feet and she is really getting there, but the stress of it all has obviously been too much on her little body :cry::cry::cry:

Gutted doesn't come close to describing how we all feel :(

Last edited:
:cry::cry::cry:

I have been so worried about her over the weekend, she is still enjoying life but I knew something was seriously wrong.

She was started back on antibiotics and yesterday seemed better but today her breathing was much worse. We sent her for acupuncture as normal as we knew Sarah would give her a proper check up and she was really concerned so took conscious x-rays and her heart is enlarged and her lungs full of fluid :cry: The stress of the short journey to the vets had made Trevor 100 times worse and she could barely breathe and was a bad colour. Sarah said as Trevor was in front of her, her quality of life is not acceptable :cry:

As she is a bit better at home and so happy living with her friends we have brought her home to see if the diuretic injections help her. She is back at the vets tomorrow morning and if she hasn't improved she will be pts :cry::cry:

So many of us have worked so hard to support Trevor and get her back on her feet and she is really getting there, but the stress of it all has obviously been too much on her little body :cry::cry::cry:

Gutted doesn't come close to describing how we all feel :(

oh my gosh i'm so sorry hopefully she gets better by tommorrow, :cry:

I'm so very sorry. :cry: Sending big hugs, and hoping she might still improve. If the worst happens, please take comfort in all the love you have given her, and shared with her many friends and supporters. xxx

Oh I hope you manage to find a way to help her :cry:

I love Trevor, how she had been through so much and yet was full of so much life and was so trusting and happy.

Just know you did your best, that's all you can ever do. You made Trevor happy and gave her a second chance. She knows she is loved.

xx

She is still eating well and seems to be keeping up with the others no problems. She has been living with the group for over a week now free range in the lounge and is loving it. She is always going from bunny to bunny demanding head washes :love::love:

I am so pleased she got to share a little time with some bunny friends

:( oh no! It has been so inspirational reading about her - really hope she can get through this.

Oh no! Trevor be strong little girly, I hope the diuretics help to reduce the fluid on her lungs.
Keep fighting little girl, we're all rooting for you :love:

your vets will really pts after 24 hours???

After the first vet failed to diagnose heart failure the 2nd vet put Pearl onto fortekor and vetmedin as well as diruetics and it was 10-14 days before she showed improvement so deffo no need to die within 24hours..... I would change vets ASAP really shocked they wont fight for her :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh no, I am so sorry. I really hope Trevor picks up. I can't help but feel such anger to those lads that did this to her in the first place.

Mega mega mega vibes for Trevor.

So so sorry to read this :( As if the poor girl doesn't have enough to deal with already. I suppose her other health problems were too much for her major systems to cope with without a knock on effect. I really hope between you you can over come this.

Oh Lord, please, no.... :cry:
Is there no way the vet could come out to see how comfy she is at home?
I will keep Trevor in my prayers. Healing vibes winging their way to you!

your vets will really pts after 24 hours???

After the first vet failed to diagnose heart failure the 2nd vet put Pearl onto fortekor and vetmedin as well as diruetics and it was 10-14 days before she showed improvement so deffo no need to die within 24hours..... I would change vets ASAP really shocked they wont fight for her :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

The difference is Pearl could walk Trevor is dragging herself and has pain in her legs so is self mutilating and she has major bladder issues.

3 vets have seen her today she had an hour long consult. they have all been involved in fighting hard to help Trevor I am sorry if that is not enough for everyone on here, but we have all put so much effort into helping this little girl and we wont let her suffer.

I wont be updating any more as this is far too upsetting :(

The difference is Pearl could walk Trevor is dragging herself and has pain in her legs so is self mutilating and she has major bladder issues.

3 vets have seen her today she had an hour long consult. they have all been involved in fighting hard to help Trevor I am sorry if that is not enough for everyone on here, but we have all put so much effort into helping this little girl and we wont let her suffer.

I wont be updating any more as this is far too upsetting :(

I thought you said she was coping apart from the heart failure. :? If her heart failure was that bad, she wouldn't be keeping up with her friends.

I thought you said she was coping apart from the heart failure. :? If her heart failure was that bad, she wouldn't be keeping up with her friends.

What ever I say you will pick holes in it so whats the point, you obviously know me and our rabbits better than I do and you seem to spend your time just waiting for me to post something you can rip apart so I hope you are happy today that I am now sobbing at the computer

What ever I say you will pick holes in it so whats the point, you obviously know me and our rabbits better than I do and you seem to spend your time just waiting for me to post something you can rip apart so I hope you are happy today that I am now sobbing at the computer

I don't normally post on your threads so that isn't true.

Back