• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lino in rabbit shed

Hi I'm turning my side shed into my rabbits new home, thank u to person who suggested. We r going to put link down, is there anything I should put under it? Any other advice bout turning shed into home would b great to, ta x

You could use some kind of PVA glue, or any glue really if you wanted to. The main thing though is to pin it down at the edges with either metal protectors or some timber battens. Make sure you get non-slip stuff too, normal stuff is quite slippery for buns.

Ooo yay! Glad you're doing it :D

We used the wide double sided sticky tape (it's very strong and we bought a new one from Aldi yesterday:)) to stick the lino down in the outdoor pairs hutch :D we did a lot of strips but I imagine you wouldn't need that many over a larger space :) we nailed the corners and middle bits down too and it's still totally fine and intact :thumb:

If you wanted to add another level in there people use those square tables from ikea (can get one of those plastic bag holder things for a hay rack at the same time ;)) and cover them with carpet for lino for grip :) they're not very expensive and they can jump up to them :) kiddy stools or chairs are fun for them :) things to hide in and jump on too, not forgetting running space :D

Last edited:
Hi I'm turning my side shed into my rabbits new home, thank u to person who suggested. We r going to put link down, is there anything I should put under it? Any other advice bout turning shed into home would b great to, ta x

Rabbits eat linoleum. Well, PVC actually!

None of my rabbits have eaten the lino in the sheds but when I tried it in a hutch they did! I dont glue mine down just lay it on top of the floor. If the rabbits are litter tray trained then there shouldn't be a problem with them weeing in the corners and have it running underneath. You could put newspaper on top especially if they aren't littr trained. There are some good examples in the stickies at the top of the page. Just another thought, rabbits love to sleeo high up like on a shelf or table. Mine have a table with a box on it and they sleep in that.

Back