• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How would I rehome my rabbits?

sarahsarah

Warren Scout
I am very sad to have to do this but I might have to find new homes for them, my back problems are getting worse each week and I just can't get into the hutch with them any more! Plus my husbands job now means he has to work away a lot so he can't help like he used to.. so where would I start?

I know you asked for help on rehoming, but is there another way of housing them which would be easier for you?

Could you get a shed for them with a littertray as this would be a much larger area to access for you and not as much cleaning as a hutch.

Or, alternatively, could they become houserabbits? again, much easier to keep clean than a hutch. All I do, on a daily basis, is empty and change the littertray and sweep up any stray bits of hay.

I know you asked for help on rehoming, but is there another way of housing them which would be easier for you?

Could you get a shed for them with a littertray as this would be a much larger area to access for you and not as much cleaning as a hutch.

Or, alternatively, could they become houserabbits? again, much easier to keep clean than a hutch. All I do, on a daily basis, is empty and change the littertray and sweep up any stray bits of hay.

Thankyou but no, I don't think so.

Am I right in thinking you are in Oxfordshire. If so I would contact The Blue Cross or BARKS to see if they have any room available. Good luck with rehoming your bunnies.

Awww that's a shame :(

Are you having to rehome your dog too?

Hiya no, I don't need to do any bending or shovelling to take care of the dog, and if I ever need help walking him I have very helpful neighbours who have dogs that need walking anyway. I wouldn't be able to ask them to clean out a big rabbit hutch!

I will call the blue cross prob in the next few days then .

Back