• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mum thinks rabbits cause rats

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
She is watching a programme on TV. Not sure what channel. I only walked in to give her a cup of tea. The family have young children and a pair of rabbits and they have problems with rats in their gaden. Mum raised her eyebrows and nodded at the TV "They've got pets and have problems with rats".

Yeah ok mum :lol:

Rats are everywhere and can live anywhere as long as there is a warm hidey hole and food nearby. A lot of people think that rabbits and guinea pigs attract rats but they don't really. It's just if people leave bedding and food laying around the rats will happily have it :lol:

Compost heaps in the garden attract rats,also decking can attract them.I don,t have either and have never had a problem:D

poppytosh. Leaving food sources and hiding spots attracts rats hence decking and compost heaps are good places to go rat spotting.
In this country you're never more than 6ft away from a rat on average.

We have decking but I think it is too secure to get underneath it. If anything it might have some frogs under it lol. I just make sure to keep everything nice and clean and put away and we have never had a problem.

I always thought having a dog sometimes helps keep them away. Depending on how much your dog likes to hunt and chase things lol

Back