• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can the humid weather affect rabbits?

MoBo

Alpha Buck
I was wondering if the temperature changes can have an affect on your buns. Over the weekend it became very humid and Mo and Bo have reduced their eating by loads....infact Mo is eating more hay and leaving his nuggets!! They are both eating the couple of daily treats we give them and a hard carrot treat chew that attaches to the cage. At first i was worried about Mo because he is a gannet when it comes to food, but he is still eating (just less) and drinking normally.

Mo has also chilled more the past couple of days than run hyper like his normal self.

Yes it can!! Trigger can not stand heat/humidity. She rarely eats anything. She is free fed her pellets because of that. She will not touch her hay, treats anything till late at night, when it cools off. Thankfully we have had cooler nights this past week and she is putting a little but of weight back on. I bring Trigs inside if it gets too hot. There were a few times I though she was not going to make it :(

We have these hay cookies which he never gives the time of day for, but today he is scoffing the pieces I have broken off for him!!! He is normally a devil for his nuggets, won't touch anything other than his nug nugs so you can imagine how worried I was when he wouldn't entertain them!! They are indoor rabbits so are out of the sun and heat.

Back