• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He's come so far..

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
The shocking state we looked after him in.. that killer bunny up the road. This was after we cleaned him out. He lived in a little outhouse which had a light on 24/7, all year round.. he's 5/6years old.. We got up at 6am for a week to put him in his run and left him until 5pm because of foxes.

PICT0001-2.jpg

Hay piled up high from half heartedly cleaning him out.

PICT0012-1-1.jpg

A wobbly, mite covered softy. We put lino in his outside hutch/run that he never went in. He couldn't get up the ramp for about 2 weeks.

PICT0023-1.jpg

Look to using a litter tray straight away.

PICT0029-2.jpg

He had a dental, was neutered and vaccinated within a month!

We moved him off russell rabbit and onto SS :)

445348919.jpg

Last edited:
My bf was totally devoted :love:

445351071.jpg

He was too big for the cat litter tray so I upgraded him to a storage box!

IMAG0475.jpg

He loved dipping his face in his water bowl.. :lol: We had to put him outside that day because his dad started up the tractor and the shed was full of black smoke.. bf went mental.

PICT0050-1.jpg

Then he had a stroke :( we brought him inside and he hasn't left :love: He's come on so much and been through even more. I wanted him out of the shed as soon as he went in, whenever I went in I could smell petrol.. but because my bf couldn't he stayed in :( I don't say anything because he already blames himself for it :(

(video)

His head tilted from the stroke which we were told may be permanent. He overcame that totally!

IMAG0514.jpg

IMAG0126.jpg

We tried bonding him and Poppy but we soon realised their needs were too different for it to work :(

IMAG0282.jpg

A total fuss pot :love:

IMAG0472.jpg

IMAG0486.jpg

He has his own room too!

IMAG0616.jpg

He may well be deaf and a fuss fiend but he's perfect :love:

IMAG1157.jpg

he's beautiful and you've done a wonderful thing, in giving him a caring home and a taste of what life can be.

That's lovely :love: well done you :thumb: I wish that between all of us on here we could rescue all buns in situations like that :(

Back