• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"its disgusting, i dont know how you can work in there"

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Some family members responses to my office/bunny room.

They came in after Biscuit had been digging :(

It stinks in here after he's done it, and the floor was covered in urine soaked newspaper, hay and bunny poo.

:cry:

It's not his fault but nobody understands that.

You understand, and that's what matters most. Pity the visitors picked the wrong time to come in. You need to get a 'bunny digging zone - enter at your own risk' sign for the door.

^^^^ as Susie said ....

also, feel free to send said members of your family to our office - now that can be defined as disgusting I had a complete freak out cleaning day the other week and you cant tell today :roll:

Oh and as an afterthought it was only the other day I was thinking how I would love to work in an office with Bee

'Cause rabbits don't dig do they :? As long as you don't mind cleaning it up then it has nothing to do with how they think you can work in there. It was just wrong place, wrong time.

My dad said he finds it really annoying when Don and Lola start digging the grass (they rarely do it and it's when they've demolished the grass :lol:) So I tell him it's really annoying that he walks around the house with rancid smelling feet (it's beyond vile..)

I can't believe how rude some people are - I would never say anything like that even if I thought it!

We went to pick up an eBay win yesterday and as soon as the door opened you could smell years old stale cigarette smoke...it was awful and nearly made me gag but I would never have dreamed of going "oh my god your house smells horrible"....:?

So what?!! It's your house! If they don't like it they don't have to come! They should keep their opinions to themselves if they haven't got anything nice to say. Don't worry about it, you know it's not always like that and that's all that matters x

Hey, not everyone has the privilege of being allowed to work in the same room with a "bun-struction zone".
I keep my bunnies in my bedroom with me. I can just imagine the hue and cry that would raise! :lol:

Tell them to shut up and stop being so bloody rude. They should see our office here, no bunnies, but its horrible, dirty, scruffy.... gimme your office with the bunnies anyday!

My family members say the same thing!! Usually they come early in the morning and I havn't cleaned yet. My rabbits are outside but I have a ferret in the house. He isn't 100% litter box trained yet and he has accidents outside of his cage. I pick them up as soon as he does it, if I find them! So I have to pull everything out ect... I aint doin that at 7 in the morning! More like 9-10 When I am really awake,ect. This is my famous line as they complain about my dogs fur and cats fur, I should let them hold trigger as she is shedding like a bad women right now :shock: Anyway this is what I say "this is there house, not your. if you do not like it leave. I do not have time for your rudeness and can live without it." They get mad and say stuff to my parents but they just go "she is right."

Some people really find the smell of pee disgusting maybe they spoke without thinking but at least they are telling you to your face rather than going and talking about your pee smelling office behind your back.

Some people are so thoughtless. So what who cares what they think, ignore them. At least you understand your rabs and that's all that matters

My mother in law said to the OH the other day- wouldn't it be nice to not smell of rabbit wee? Excuse me- we wash! Thanks!

I was in a very similar situation, Bramble peed on me during a vet visit - purely out of panic. When I came out of the consultation room and into the waiting room / reception area to pay I heard somebody say "wow she stinks of wee, you'd think she'd have changed her clothes" I wasn't sure if they thought I'd weed myself or the rabbit had done it :shock: I therefore turned around and said in a harsh, sarcastic tone "the rabbit just caught herself while I was holding her. I'm very sorry to have offended you". I was just so angry!

I was so surprised a pet owner could say something like that in a ruddy vet's surgery!

My mother in law and grandmother in law are always making comments. They say things like " it's disgusting having rabbits inside, they belong in a hutch," :( I once asked the Mother in law if she would put her dogs outside in a hutch, funny enough she thought it would be cruel :?

My parents thought I was completely mad when I was living with them as Gypsy used to sleep in my bed with me , well, what was left of the bed after she had chewed up all my bedding and Storm had peed on it ( with me still in it :shock: ) :lol:

I have the same problem. I overheard grandad saying my bunny room was a tip - yes it was slightly messy as all her things had to be out of her storage boxes while she was ill like medecine, treats, acqueous cream, syringes etc etc, but SO WHAT!
:censored:

I don't care, as long as my bunny is happy and it's bunny proofed that's all that matters! :)

Send them all to my house!

Grim is ill and half blind and can't always find the litter tray. My bedroom floor is covered in wee and poo and hay and bits of cardboard and fur. It smells and I know it's disgusting, but it's not his fault. I sleep in the attic now. :lol:

I once hoovered, went downstairs, watched some TV, came back up to see Grim sitting by the door with three piles of poo round him. :roll:

Anyway, I bet your rooms aren't as bad as mine. :mrgreen:

Just 2 words to say to them!

Jog

On:lol:

None of their business, and if it offends them that much perhaps they shouldn't look!

I get moaned at by my friends cos I let the dogs sleep on my bed, they would have a fit if they saw me tonight..... the puppers will be under the duvet with me:lol::lol::love:
The joys of hubby being away!!!!

You understand, and that's what matters most. Pity the visitors picked the wrong time to come in. You need to get a 'bunny digging zone - enter at your own risk' sign for the door.

aaah Biccie!:love: Its not nice when people make thoughtless comments.....we all have our moments...and Biccie had one of his! Thanks goodness he has you who cares about his needs! Plus its not like you dont sort his area's out once hes done...its a buns life...and worth accomadating!

Back