• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: 2 rabits need a home before the 16th of August

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of kattypops

Hi, I have two rabbits that I am desperate to re-home before August 16th. So this is quite an urgent appeal.

They do not need to be re-homed together as they are not a bonded pair.

I'm really distraught that I have to give them up, but I'm leaving the country for one month on August 16th and I don't have any relatives that I can ask to look after them during that time.

The first rabbit is Barnaby.

Physical Description: Mottled Brown Lionhead Lop
Temperament: Laid-Back, Mellow, Playful, Can be a little shy, Has never bitten
Sex: Male
Neuter Status: Neutered
Vaccination Status: Not vaccinated
Health: Perfectly Healthy
Type of home wanted: One where he gets lots of cuddles
Reason for rehoming: Moving House

The second is called Mr. Sneezy, he's probably the best rabbit in the world.

Physical Description: Large Dwarf Lop, Black and White
Temperament: The friendliest rabbit you could ever meet, acts like a small dogs, follows you around, purrs.
Sex: Male
Neuter Status: Neutered
Vaccination Status: Not vaccinated
Health: Has bouts of snuffles - treated with injections that cost £7.40
Type of home wanted: One where he has a lot of space to play in.
Reason for rehoming: Moving House

Hoping that this pair get a lovely new home soon :love:

Would it be a permanent fixture or just whilst the owner is away?

Unfortunately I'm looking for a permanent home for them. I'm going abroad to sort out a divorce and ultimately I'm going to have to move into a flat where I will not have the space to keep them.

I very luckily have managed to get a place for them at a rabbit rescue yesterday, but I would feel much better if I knew that they were actually going to go to permanent homes, they both have lovely temperaments. Especially Mr. Sneezy, he is such a lovely and friendly rabbit. Such a character, it's going to be heartbreaking handing him over and not knowing if he will get to live in a big garden like he does right now :(

This is Barnaby above
IMG_1605.jpg

This is Mr. Sneezy
IMG_1536.jpg

Last edited:
Would it be possible for someone to foster them for a month whilst you are out of the country, then you could have them, or one, in the flat as house bunnies when you get back? You obviously dont want to part with them, and snuffles bunnies in particular can be really hard to find homes for.

I hope you can find a good solution for your buns, good luck!

Would it be possible for someone to foster them for a month whilst you are out of the country, then you could have them, or one, in the flat as house bunnies when you get back? You obviously dont want to part with them, and snuffles bunnies in particular can be really hard to find homes for.

I hope you can find a good solution for your buns, good luck!

Thats exactly what I thought :thumb:

Mr. Sneezy is just that much larger than the average bunny that I don't feel like it would be fair at all on him to live in a little flat with me, not after having the freedom of living in a really large garden. Over Winter I kept him inside a double garage which was carpeted, and the little monkey managed to destroy something new everyday! While that didn't really bother me, it's hard enough to find landlords who will allow pets these days than to admit to one that you're bringing a mischievous rabbit in to live with you.

I really don't want to give him up at all, but I think it's for the best. I'm probably going to have to go back abroad again and will be faced with the whole problem again. I just, I've thought it over, I think it's in his best interests.

Back