• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lino in hutches

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Hi just a question as i plan to use Lino in new hutches but it just occurred to me what happens when rain gets in? Obviously il have covers on hutches, but as u know our weather can change dramatically from one minute to the next! And as I'm not in during the day, it's either covers down (then it might end up sunny all day :?) or covers up and risk getting wet :roll: Obviously when there's hay and straw there's something to soak up some of the rain (although not ideal to have wet bedding I know) but what happens with Lino? I hate to think that the rabbits and guinea pig would have puddles of water in their hutches!! Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Thanks for help :wave:

Hi just a question as i plan to use Lino in new hutches but it just occurred to me what happens when rain gets in? Obviously il have covers on hutches, but as u know our weather can change dramatically from one minute to the next! And as I'm not in during the day, it's either covers down (then it might end up sunny all day :?) or covers up and risk getting wet :roll: Obviously when there's hay and straw there's something to soak up some of the rain (although not ideal to have wet bedding I know) but what happens with Lino? I hate to think that the rabbits and guinea pig would have puddles of water in their hutches!! Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Thanks for help :wave:

Why dont you put bedding on top of the lino?

Why dont you put bedding on top of the lino?

:thumb: Obvious solution hehe :lol: Just was thinking of saving on bedding and encouraging use of litter trays I suppose. It's more the guinea pig I'm bothered about as rabbits will have access to run so if I left hutch covered and it was too warm for them they can go into the run but the guinea pig won't. I am thinking anyway of putting a strip of wood on the bottom front of the hutch so the cover is on a slight slope if that makes sense so plenty of air should get in but not the rain. Guinea pig tends to poop and pee wherever anyway so I'm not convinced Lino would stop him but thought worth a try with a litter tray :D

Back