• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

please help - blood

claire**

Warren Scout
i just found some blood on the carpet... i proper drop and several little smears and tiny drops, checked my bun allover and cant find anything. Its not me as checked myself over too and I wasnt on that area. After checking him I found some larger smears of blood down the side of a cardboard box, so my guess is hes caught a nail somehow on the box and its from that. its not a lot, but it scared me to find blood. my best deduction is its from a front paw due to where it is. What do I need to look out for now, I dont want anything to get infected but I can even find the cut. I did look at his claws and couldnt see anything unusual.

yes I did before I noticed the blood on the box, so I checked him all over as thought a nail was a possibility. Now I'm pretty sure it is a nail or foot problem because of the blood on the box like where he was climbing up. I think ill check him again

Theo, I looked again and It is a nail. he has broken it right at the base but it is still attached underneath by some skin or nail so I dont want to pull it off. There is a bit of something sticking out from the base of the nail, and the bit broken off seems hollow in the centre, would this is be a quick? will get to vets tomorrow but not sure what best to do overnight

Yeah, that sounds like the quick. The hollow nail will need pulling off otherwise he'll keep catching it and it will be sore. A new nail should grow soon though xx

Back