• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Whats this?

Which side of the bunny is it the pic is too small someone else might be able to help if u could upload the pic onto the thread :wave:

It's hard to tell as the picture is so small, does it look like there's any fly eggs there? Has the rabbit possibly been attacked by another? It looks serious (if it's sore, as the picture is so small it could just be a dirty bum) and needs medical attention, please phone a vet asap if it is something sore

Hi,

I turned her over today and she had poo stuck to her bum and when this was removed this is what was underneath.

I'm unable to post a picture, im not sure if its due to me not being a member long enough.

I'll try and out it in photobucket and then attach a link here

You need to get to a vet, NOW. Not tomorrow, not even in an hour, NOW. There will be emergency vets in your area, call your normal vet for details now. You MUST seek veterinary attention NOW, the picture is tiny but it looks like flystrike which is an emergency. I hope you can get help quick enough and your rabbit survives.

Please go, now, dont waste any time, just ring them and let them know you are coming, pop her in a carrier and go.

edit: seen the bigger pics now, could still be flystrike, hopefully it isnt, but you need to ring the vets. What are those white things by her bum, behind her?

Last edited:
CityofKingston-upon-Hull-20120805-00027.jpg

I don't no what it is but you need to get the bunny to a vet ASAP

The white stuff is just wet tissue that was used to clean her and remove the stuck poo.

At first I thought it may be a prolaspe but the area just looks swollen more than anything else which may have been caused by the stuck poo?

The white stuff is just wet tissue that was used to clean her and remove the stuck poo.

At first I thought it may be a prolaspe but the area just looks swollen more than anything else which may have been caused by the stuck poo?

Poo on for a short time wouldnt have caused that I dont think, and I assume you check her bum everyday so it wasnt there for long. You need to ring the vet. It may be flystrike. It may not be flystrike, but even if not she needs prompt veterinary attention to deal with why she would poo all over herself like that, that is not a sign of a healthy bunny and could indicate serious gut problems.

Yep, dont worry its my girlfriends rabbit (one of 3) shes ringing now.

I'm a reptile man, the closest i ever get to rabbits is the frozen ones i feed my snakes

Yep, dont worry its my girlfriends rabbit (one of 3) shes ringing now.

I'm a reptile man, the closest i ever get to rabbits is the frozen ones i feed my snakes

Niiiiice :lol: Probably not the best thing to say on a rabbit loving forum ;) but every animal has to eat! :D

Hope all goes well :wave:

Niiiiice :lol: Probably not the best thing to say on a rabbit loving forum ;) but every animal has to eat! :D

Hope all goes well :wave:

yea sorry, we have rabbits, geckos, monitor lizards, anacodas and reticulated pythons.

Dont worry we love rabbits as much as anyone else its just we see frozen food rabbits as differnt to our pets, just like burgers to cows etc lol.

Hoping everything goes ok with your partners bun, your doing the right thing by getting him/her seen.

I would most probably have lost my bun last night if I hadnt have taken him to the emergency vets at 11pm last night, so its a definate must.

Let us know how you get on x

Just to let you know.

Everything is okay.

It's just an infection and we've got cream to wash her with twice a day.

shes eating and drinking fine :D

the vet did say shes slightly chubby so were changing the diet from mixed food to just plain nuggets.

Glad it's something to work on :D good news :thumb: also plenty of exercise to keep her gut moving, moving her slowly onto pellets is great:D and plenty of hay to give her tummy some goodness and roughage to keep those poops nice and round and not wet as to agitate her poorly bits :D

Ooo anacondas?! Brilliant, I love big snakes, they fascinate me:love:

Last edited:
Back