• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

There are rabbits rescues and rabbit sanctuaries.

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
If I had the resources I would love to open a centre to help the bunnies with psychological problems.

I have done this on a very small scale for the RSPCA and had a 100% success rate.

So the idea would be.......bunnies go to rescue, and then if they stand virtually little chance of being re-homed for age, illness etc then ideally they would go to sanctuaries.

But the ones who need emotional tlc could come to me and we could work through their issues. And my goal would be to give them a greater chance of finding a forever home.

One day.....perhaps.

That'd be lovely! :D

When I volunteered with the RSPCA I helped look after the bunnies. I got attached to a lovely little one but unfortunately he didn't come around from his anaesthetic after being neutered :( It broke my heart. Would've loved to bring them all home - there's still quite a few there :(

That'd be lovely! :D

When I volunteered with the RSPCA I helped look after the bunnies. I got attached to a lovely little one but unfortunately he didn't come around from his anaesthetic after being neutered :( It broke my heart. Would've loved to bring them all home - there's still quite a few there :(

Thanks.

These dear little ones really deserve so much love and attention.

If you're in a position to foster, you could possibly do this now without the need to set up a specific thing on your own :D

I used to foster for a rescue several years back where I took on all the buns with psychological/aggression/fear problems and worked with them until they were stable enough to rehome. I'm sure some rescues would really welcome having a fosterer who is perhaps more able to give one to one attention to a particular bunny, ensuring that bunnies who are ready for rehoming can all be kept together at the rescue and those that can't being confidently fostered elsewhere.

Good luck - I find fostering this type of bunny soooooo rewarding :love:

I now longer take in any more rabbits at the rescue unless the have behaviour problems ....We have three here at the moment

Penny pops who came from paws rescue in edinburgh through aggression to humans and ther rabbitts she has now been found to be blind and death down one side it took us 2 years for her to learn to trust us now we can pick her up without being bit but she still loves to box us at times. She attacks all other rabbits except Poppy pen who she can share a run with but they hate being locked away in the same area 24 7

Poppy pen (simba) who came from honeybunnies through the same reason as penny pops but she is nothing like her she has had her moments here but nothing major so far

......I now have Angelina who is from fairly beloved who came here for the same reason but shes been a angel since arriving . She will be here until they find her forever home

I love rabbits like this we say we run a bunny boot camp but they give me total enjoyment to tell the truth I wouldn't have them any other way

Back