• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Leaving rabbit :(

emily..

Warren Scout
ive already posted a thread like about this but now things have changed,
i'm going away on Friday morning and coming back early Monday, i have to leave my rabbit on her own for the whole 4 days, i will have family coming in and giving her hay and filling up her water, but they won't be getting her out :( we had an idea of putting her hutch on the floor in the porch, and leaving one of the hutch doors open so she can move around, but my parents wont let me do that because 'they think' that the porch door sometimes opens by itself and the cat would get in the porch and attack her. is there any other way i could do this with out the cat getting to her? i feel so guilty laving her on her own for 4 days, is she going to be aright? help me??

If someone is coming in to feed her and check in her then 4 days without coming out of the hutch won't do her any harm.

I am leaving my two outdoors for a week when I go in honeymoon. They are being feed and checked on twice a day but won't get to free range as usual. They will be annoyed at the arrangements but Snowsrop has a 6ft run and Starwbs an 8ft and so they have as much space as some bunnies live in constantly.

I do feel bad though as they usually free range for a few hours a day.

If someone is coming in to feed her and check in her then 4 days without coming out of the hutch won't do her any harm.

I am leaving my two outdoors for a week when I go in honeymoon. They are being feed and checked on twice a day but won't get to free range as usual. They will be annoyed at the arrangements but Snowsrop has a 6ft run and Starwbs an 8ft and so they have as much space as some bunnies live in constantly.

I do feel bad though as they usually free range for a few hours a day.

thanks, atleast i'm not the only one leaving my rabbit lol, i feel really bad aswell :( xxx

She will be absolutely fine if someone is coming to check on her.
At least you will know she is safe in her hutch as well and away from the cats.
In hot weather a porch probably wouldn't be suitable (assuming its just a normal porch) as it would get far too hot.

She will be absolutely fine if someone is coming to check on her.
At least you will know she is safe in her hutch as well and away from the cats.
In hot weather a porch probably wouldn't be suitable (assuming its just a normal porch) as it would get far too hot.

Ok, at least I know she will be fine, don't worry, there's no chance of hot weather where I live lol, xx

Back