• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it Really That Wrong

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
That I have just de-gunked 2 sets of scent glands and found it to be a most gratifying experience ...............................

Oooh - lovely :D. You can't beat a good de-gunking :lol::lol::lol:. I have a 'thing' for pus too :oops::lol::lol:

Not at all, it is a satisfying experience and once you've done one set and got over the smell you might as well do another!:lol::lol:

Not at all - in fact my daughter and I did all 14 of our buns a few months back - 7 one day and 7 the next :oops::oops::oops:

Speaking of this; how do you know if it needs doing? I'd read about it before I got my buns but they are 9 months old now and not smelly?

Either side of their vent there are small pockets which can fill up with gunky hard smelly stuff. A lot of rabbits manage to keep them clean themselves but if they can't, a damp cotton wool bud can be used gently to get rid of the gunk. Beware, it smells! Think Jane once likened it to the smell of coffee but I want to know what kind of coffee she drinks!!:lol::lol:

Actually Jane is right - I thought it smelled a bit like really strong coffee - off to put the kettle on now :lol::lol::lol:

I like cleaning scent glands........and I like the smell likened to that of strong coffee!!!!:shock::shock::D:D

Next please..................................:thumb::lol::lol:

Back